Looking for a simple infographic that shows how ketosis works

(Martin Danner) #1

A ketogenic diet is so counter-intuitive to most of us. It flies directly in the face of conventional wisdom based on the long-established food pyramid. Most people just can’t believe that adding fat to your diet can reduce the fat on your body.

I wish I had a simple infographic that visually describes in layman’s terms how ketosis works and how it benefits your health. I’m looking for something that produces an ah-ha moment, that moment when someone grasps the concept and says, “Now I get it!”

There appear to be quite a few infographics to choose from. What’s your favorite? Can you come up with something even better?

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Metabolism and nutrition is a pretty complex issue to reduce to an infographic. This is pretty basic.

**TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf (1.1 MB)

On a more serious note, this site tries to explain with simple drawings

(Martin Danner) #5

Thanks Fiorella - I love it!

(Martin Danner) #6

Thank you @jfricke for bringing this guide to my attention. I haven’t seen it before, and it looks really useful. Thank you to @carl and @richard for writing it!

(Carol E. ) #8

If you are on Facebook, go to Dr. Ted Naiman’s page Burn Fat Not Sugar and check under photos. He makes fabulous info graphics.

I like the keto food pyramids if you’re looking for something that people can easily recognize. Some of them sneak in a few too many fruits that I wouldn’t eat, but overall it answers the “what do I eat now?” question.

(Carol E. ) #10

Two favorites:

(Martin Danner) #11

Thanks Carol! Looks like a great resource.

(Keto Krazy) #12

Maybe this?

Or this?

Or this will help?