Looking for a Keto Elevator Pitch and Landing Page

(Justin Hamilton (Hamenopi)) #1

Hey all. I’m getting a lot of questions about keto and I really want to develop a concise elevator pitch.

Anyone have recommendations?

Also I’d love to have a great landing page to take them to. Is there a preferred one you can recommend?

I’m so excited to spread the message of keto. It’s helped me lose over 115 lbs and go from an obese build to an athletic one.

I’m a software engineer so I’ve been known to get into the weeds or rabbit whole with a waterfall of information in the past. That’s why I looking for help. I need help not drowning them with data.

(Ethan) #2

I am telling people that your body can burn carbs or fat as a primary fuel, but not both. I choose to burn fat because I am diabetic, but some people choose it because it carries lower cardiovascular risks.

(Doug) #3

Hey Justin. :slightly_smiling_face: First of all - kudos to you! Down 115 is inspiring!

That’s a good question - how to talk to people. I don’t think there is a “one size fits all” explanation, especially not a simple, short one that’s easy to grasp, and that will be necessarily applicable to the person at hand. It’s such an individual thing. If somebody is at a very good weight, has no health problems related to diet, then a general “what ketogenic eating is” would likely suffice; it’s not like they need to change what they’re doing.

Much different for somebody who is overweight and insulin resistant. It’s been a huge eye-opener for me, and surely the number of people who really needed a keto diet, and who have benefitted massively and impressively, is growing by geometric leaps and bounds. The message that “this is what is wrong, and here is how keto can fix it,” is powerful.

(Linda Culbreth) #4

Keto fixes/improves so many things. So, different reasons for different people and everyone gets different results.

Your 115 lbs is quite the story! You might start with your story - maybe as a video with how you are now, then going back as to how you were - then back again to current. Include why you went the keto route, how you found out about it, struggles and the roller coaster ride on it and then maybe a link to a page with topics of “pure nerdiness” where someone could choose and pick an exact topic with live links. Just a thought.

(Liz ) #5

I have been saying “I found out that I have a genetic predisposition to produce too much insulin. Too much insulin prevents you from burning fat even if you eat very few calories. I eat very low carb to lower my insulin output and I have finally lost weight.” Then if they are interested to learn more I send them to https://www.dietdoctor.com/

I add more information as needed if they want details, I generally don’t bring up fasting because it can sound insane at first. I might mention the food is delicious and satisfying and I am only hungry when I should be with no cravings like I used to have.

I’m zero carb for 2 months and I just say I feel great, have more energy, sleep better, my wife says I look better, and btw I’ve lost almost 20lbs. Usually that’s enough - most people want to know about the outcomes and less about the how/why. If asked further I go into insulin/glucose control, lipids, etc. and watch their eyes glaze over.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

I send anyone who is curious about keto to www.2ketodudes.com
The science, the blog, the podcasts, and some recipes are all there.

If they are video learners this is a good starting place:
Dr. Stephen Phinney - ‘Achieving and Maintaining Nutritional Ketosis’