Look at what I got at Sam's club

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

(Marta Loftfield) #2

@daddyoh Just one???:joy::joy::joy:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

I did see someone with several in their cart. We have been buying the small flavored bags at Wegmans but that has starch in it. Says net carbs are 0 but that could be 0.49g / serving. I eat several servicing when I eat pork rinds.

(Marta Loftfield) #4

We usually pick up 3 at Sam’s. They are really good for so many things. We use them as bread crumbs, breading for fried foods, croutons and so much more. Neither one of us like the few that a really hard so we save them for crushing. There is a recipe for pork rind pancakes, haven’t tried that one yet😂 they are also awesome as a binder for meatloaf.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

@MountainGirl, I’ve steered away from rind as bread crumbs as I’m not sure what you really do to cover them, you baste them in egg first? What is the process if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile:

(Marta Loftfield) #6

Hi @ava_ad0re, yes,I use an egg wash. For example chicken cordon bleu, I crush the pork rinds add Italian spices and a little garlic powder. Scramble an egg. Use a kitchen mallet to thin the chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thick. Season the chicken, layer with ham and swiss cheese (I spread a little herbed goat cheese in there too makes it really moist) fold in half, hold together with a tooth pick, dredge in egg, then the pork rinds. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Delicious and attractive. I make ahead for guests.

I use them everywhere a recipe calls for bread crumbs. Awesome in crabcakes. Stuffed mushrooms, etc.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

Thanks so much for replying!

(Troy) #8

+1
Exactly. I do the same.

How much are the jars? I’m paying $1.25 at Aldi for 92g bag

(Troy) #10

$6.74-ish😍

(Marta Loftfield) #11

@Wishbone what you are paying at Aldi’s is comparable to the Sam’s price. I pay 6.99 for 18oz. So about 5 cents less than Aldi.