Long time keto, thinking about ZC for IBS

(Cheyene Burnette) #21

I started carnivore today for the exact reason. Can’t wait to see how it helps.

(Tara) #22

I have celiac and IBS. I was strict keto for years, but had constant cravings for carbs. This led to frequent “cheat” meals that turned into cheat weeks. I spent about 6 months trying to isolate which foods were causing the near constant gastric distress before I started zero carb 10 weeks ago. I am 100% symptom-free now - no bloating, gas, or cramping. My cravings have also almost completely disappeared. Never going back!

(Omar) #23

is your IBS ok with cheese?

(Bunny) #24

Dr. Michael Ruscio refers to Carnivore as a temporary elimination diet for small intestinal bacterial over growth and other issues; then introducing more of a variety veggies back in (developing a working relationship with food rather than a strict adherence to some kind of strict dogmatic dietary approach) and that most people including his patients don’t last long (get bored) on a strict carnivore diet and they also talk about something called an “elemental diet” (totally keto friendly) for SIBO and IBS…

1. Ben Greenfield & Dr. Michael Ruscio
  1. TRANSCRIPT: Do Probiotics Really Work, The Carnivore Diet, How To Heal Bacterial Overgrowth, Is Fiber Necessary, Melatonin For A Leaky Gut & More!

(Tara) #25

I can’t have dairy - I had to stop eating it about 5 years ago.