Loaded Cauliflower!

(Sophie) #1

Even my non-keto husband and friends ask for this one. Gotta make ya feel good!

Steam 1 head of cauliflowerettes and add to it:
2-3tbs butter
1-2tbs cream cheese
2-3tbs sour cream
1 handful of shredded cheese your choice (Tonight I had mozzerella and I added an extra 1/2 handful of grated parm.)
1/2 handful of bacon bits
salt and pepper to taste
Smash it all around until everything is melted and mixed!

What did you Keto today?
(Cindy) #2

You can also use broccoli. That’s something you can get in some steakhouses.

(Sophie) #3

Ooooh, thank you! Never would have thought to do it with broccoli. Will definitely have to try that one. We don’t go out to eat very much since I make far better steaks than any we’ve tried around here.

(Doug) #4

Sophie, a Mega Yum on this one - thank you; can’t wait to try it.

(Khara) #5

Thank you @JustPeachy! This is right up my alley for Keto comfort food!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #6

Aw. hell, yeah.

(robin miller) #7

This sounds delish! I’ve been looking for a way to get more of a variety of veg.

I’ve just been making a puree of cauliflower, lots of butter, black pepper, cream cheese. Adding bacon, cheese and sour cream is the logical next step. Can’t wait to give it a try.

Yessssss!

(Brian) #10

“Ooooh, thank you! Never would have thought to do it with broccoli. Will definitely have to try that one. We don’t go out to eat very much since I make far better steaks than any we’ve tried around here.”

Wow, do I hear ya on that one, Sophie!

Maybe we just go to the wrong restaurants. LOL!! We’re in a small town and there’s not a whole lot to pick from. Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday are the big players here. LOL!! Probably 6 Mexican restaurants none of which are all that great. Don’t even want to think about the Waffle House…

You’re right, there’s not a whole lot out there that we can’t make better at home.

Went to a buffet a couple of towns over with some friends the other day. They had a pretty good tuna salad. But their deviled eggs… aarrrggghhh!!! They killed 'em. They were like chewing on rubber. Guess no one ever told them that overcooking eggs makes them tough. And the thing about it is, they’re sooooooo easy to make well.