Liver Pate

(Marie Dantoni) #1

I have more grass fed liver on my hands than I can use before it gets nasty.
Anyone have a good pate recipe ?

(Ken) #2

There’s so many on the internet, it’s impossible to recommend one. At the most basic level it’s just liver and butter.

If you have lot’s of liver, try several.

I suggest adding allspice if you want a milder flavor.

(Duncan Kerridge) #3

I made this last night and it’s delicious

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #4

(Marie Dantoni) #5

Oops forgot to mention…it’s beef liver. I’ll keep the chicken liver recipe for later. Thanks!

(Marie Dantoni) #6

Wow, this looks really good. Wouldn’t it be amazing with seed crackers and a good mustard !

(Marie Dantoni) #7

I don’t have alspice. Maybe nutmeg ?

(Ken) #8

It’s alspice specifically. It’s mentioned in many recipes to make the taste milder. I use it, it works.

(Marie Dantoni) #9

Oh Ok will get some. Thanks.

(Darlene Horsley) #10

I make chopped liver using this recipe with beef liver instead of chicken livers.

(Marie Dantoni) #11

Hmmm…That looks good.

(Darlene Horsley) #12

I almost forgot…I add Mayo to desired consistency as well.

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #13

Instead of going with allspice (and optionally the other Christmas spices /pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger, clove etc.) you can go the Italian route with rosemary, thyme, garlic, oregano etc. I personally haven’t tried it yet, but when I do it would probably be with beef instead of pork.

(Marie Dantoni) #14

Thanks, can’t wait to try it !

(Ken) #15

Good idea. There’s also lot’s of pate recipes out there from Southern France.

(Marie Dantoni) #16

I cook italian most of the time, so I plan on going Scandinavian for a nice change.

(Marie Dantoni) #17

![IMG_20171218_154309_kindlephoto-47016716|666x500](upload://jaccmOu83oHDlrtnVWKcu5jsVhS.jpg.
Thank you !

(Marie Dantoni) #18

Woops…don’t know why the photo didn’t load.
I posted it on the “what did you eat today” thread.

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #19

Nice! How was it? Also wondering about the meat and fat you used since you used beef liver while I’ve only made it out of pork yet. Your comment earlier about mustard gave me the idea of using not mustard but vinegar. Specifically to use hollandaise sauce as the fat, leaning toward a sort of bernaise with white wine vinegar and tarragon. No idea if the emulsion would do anything after baking, but the taste should be interesting I think and at least the sauce is going to be easy to mix in. The hope is that a fine mince combined with the sauce will make it easily spreadable. Many pate recipes use bechamel sauce to that effect, but that of course uses flour.

You accidentally deleted the closing parenthesis on the link.

(Marie Dantoni) #20

Success !

Thankyou admin !!