Liver cirrhosis reversed

My husband had a liver transplant 10 years ago. Lifesaving but not easy. Congratulations for taking yourself off that path. And major kudos to your doctor for suggesting low carb!

(Jeanette Villanueva) #62

I’m in Georgia so wouldn’t help. Not close enough.

(Jeanette Villanueva) #63

Thanks for sharing. I thank God every day that this turned around,

May be to save my life.

(Jeanette Villanueva) #65

Sent you a PM :grinning:

(Nathanael Schulte) #66

This is awesome!
Can I ask if it happened to be decompensated cirrhosis? I have a friend who just received a diagnosis who’s been told he needs a liver transplant.

(Jeanette Villanueva) #67

I don’t think it was since never heard of that phrase before. I wish your friend all the luck in the world.

(Serge ) #68

Well done!
However the thread title is misleading. Your cirrhosis is not reversed. You still have cirrhosis. It improved; went from de compensated to compensated. Well done, but please don’t claim you reversed it.

(Jeanette Villanueva) #69

I have no idea what decompensated is - i only know my level of cirrhosis went down, to me that is reversed - did a turn about.

(Bre Curtis) #70

How amazing! Congrats to you! How are you feeling overall? Have you had to very strict? No cheating? I am writing a paper for Nursing school on the effects The Ketogenic Diet has on us for more then just losing weight. I love reading stories like this that prove just how amazing this lifestyle change is! So happy for you!

(Kate Sargent) #71

Wonderful Jeannette! I found this old post of yours and I am ecstatic! I was recently diagnosed as a type two diabetic and stage four and a cirrhosis out of the blue. Not sick feeling a little different but basically OK. I am doing keto and have lost weight , blood sugars are in check and A-1 C is normal at 5.7. I’m hoping this is helping my liver also. I plan to add CBD oil with beta caryophyllene because it is supposed to kill the cells in the liver that cause the fibrosis.

Congratulations to you and I hope I follow in your footsteps!

(Jeanette Villanueva) #72

I’m so glad that you are Keto, it makes all the difference in our health. I’ve had two biopsies and things are so much better. I will always be Keto. Its a lifestyle for me. KcKO

(Jeanette Villanueva) #73

I was rereading the responses and just wanted to caution you, most start w fatty liver and unless you reverse it it can lead to cirrohsis. Check with your doc and def continue w keto wol.

(Susan Kimball) #74

How are you doing now? I recently found out my friend has cirrhosis and he is not doing well. I am trying to convince him to move to my home and plan to get him on a Keto diet. He is very ill and needs someone to cook etc. He keeps getting massive abdominal fluid. I talked with him yesterday and learned he is eating frozen dinners! UGH! Your posts are very encouraging!

(Jeanette Villanueva) #75

I’m doing well. Things are so good that when I had reconstructive ankle surgery 2 1/2 months ago I had no pain due to keto. No inflammation = no pain. I continue to see my liver doc and thankfully all is continuing to do well

Jeanette

(Jen Andrew) #76

Its 2019 September now, Did you get another ultrasound or any scans since last one, has you cirrhosis went down even more or stayed the same?

(Jeanette Villanueva) #77

Not those tests but my liver enzymes are all normal. And holding. :slightly_smiling_face: I still see my doc regularly and things are still looking good.