Lipoproteins and Immunity Episode

(Lynne Hurley Perry) #1

There are two things that I have experienced since going keto in October of 2017:

1. I have not had a cold or flu since going keto. This is really remarkable since I ride the crowded NYC subway and work in an enclosed air office space everyday.

2. My tolerance for sun has changed dramatically. Before going keto, a five minutes in the sun would result in blotchy redness and itchy skin. Now I can go for much longer periods of time in the sun without the redness and itchiness and without any sunscreen. I used to jokingly say I was "allergic’ to the sun. That is no longer the case. I was never sure what about keto prompted this change but I had read something about Vitamin D as a possible factor. I love being able to have some short amounts of time in the sun without having to slather up in sunscreen.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2
  1. I haven’t been sick in years which is kind of unexplainable. I have an autistic son and when he was in school his mom and him were always getting stuff. Now I have been on immune suppression drugs for a year and a half, 10 months of that on keto and lots of travel and still haven’t got sick. I played with dirty stuff as a kid. :wink:

2. Probably part of the skin improvement has been from better fats, if you were using vegetable oil before keto. Your skin has been rebuilt several times since you started keto. The high omega6 normally in an SAD is inflammatory and also contributes to getting burnt easier. I have heard of this several times on the forum.

:cowboy_hat_face: