Link Between Almond Flour and High Oxalate Levels

(Bunny) #21

Joint pain? Inflammation? Slow to heal? Fatigue? Sleep issues?

Could oxalate poisoning be to blame?

Looking at the title sounds more like a leaky gut and insulin resistance?

How hard is it to drink lemon water or getting more citric acid in the diet? (take a fresh lemon squeeze it into a glass of water, oxalate problem solved? I also save the peel of the lemon to shred and sprinkle a pinch onto salads)

So if we are worried about oxalates what about Calcium Phosphate Stones that start out like sharp little crystalline particles, so do we quit eating calcium too?

Then we have Uric Acid stones that come from Purine and Uric Acid rich foods that form little shards of glass like crystals, so do we quit eating meat and vegetables too?

Oxalates also form when dietary fat intake is too high and not eating enough calcium with it, so do we quit eating cheese, fat and vegetables, and other foods that have oxalates?

Genetic Stones? Low Oxalate Diet Has Never Been Tried as a Stone Prevention? In each study raising diet calcium lowered urine oxalate. Diet oxalate itself had little effect. …More

Bone broth and gelatin (animal product) also forms oxalates, do we quit eating that too? (can cause rips and tears in the arterial walls)

”…Increased hydroxyproline levels in the urine and/or serum are normally associated with degradation of connective tissue. Vitamin C deficiency decreases the conversion of proline to hydroxyproline, which leads to reduced collagen stability. …” …More

Note: Vitamin C is not the same as Citric Acid (citrate)

Notes:

[1] OXALATES AND MTHFR: UNDERSTANDING THE GUT-KIDNEY AXIS

[2] The #1 Biggest Reason to Drink Lemon Water

[3] Oxalates: Should You Be Concerned About Collagen? | Chris Masterjohn Lite #38

[4] Ten Tips for Preventing Kidney Stones | Chris Masterjohn Lite #39

[5] GLYOXYLATE SYNTHESIS, AND ITS MODULATION AND INFLUENCE ON OXALATE SYNTHESIS (i.e. possible oxalates synthesis from hydroxyproline in animal products through gelatin and collagen although synthesis to oxalates is rare if you exceed 1200 milligrams per day with citric acid {citrate} in the diet …and without? …and have a genetic mutation in your genes that predisposes you to form oxalate crystal stones?)

[6] Hydroxyproline ingestion and urinary oxalate and glycolate excretion

[7] “…Hydroxyproline is a nonessential amino acid derivative formed during post-translational protein modification through hydroxylation of the amino acid proline by the enzyme prolyl hydroxylase which requires vitamin C as a co-factor. Hydroxyproline is a major component of the protein collagen and plays a key role in the stability of the collagen triple helix. It can be used as an indicator to determine the amount of collagen. Increased hydroxyproline levels in the urine and/or serum are normally associated with degradation of connective tissue. Vitamin C deficiency decreases the conversion of proline to hydroxyproline, which leads to reduced collagen stability. …” …More

[8] Carnivore diet - where do I get my vitamin C? - Dr. Shawn Baker

[9] Ketogenic diet and Vitamin C: the 101 (recommended read by Dr. Shawn Baker)

[10] C is for Carnivore - Amber O’Hearn

Doctor who recommended Keto says it isn't great as a long term diet

Somewhere, in the back of my head, I think I saw a Dr.Berry video about all the negative effects of taking calcium supplements.
So it would actuallz be beneficial to add a good calcium supplement?
Im histamine intolerant, so I try to stay away from oxalates as much as possible.