LIFE Fasting App

(Ian Patey) #1

Just hit hour 51 of my first 72 hour fast. I was using the MyFast app for my 18/6 motivation but I was having some hiccups and probably some carb creep that led to a plateau (which I am hoping this 72 hour fast will break). I recently downloaded the LIFE Fasting app. I don’t know if it is the app that is motivating me but I am feeling great watching the countdown. Any suggestions for other apps that people find useful?

(Jane) #2

I’m doing my first fast with LIFE and I agree it’s fun to watch your progress towards the little icons.

I can only speak of one to avoid - Vora. I used it over a year and it suddenly got buggy and after several months waiting for a fix I gave up on it. Someone else here said it was buggy for her, too so wasn’t just something wonky on my phone.

(back and doublin' down) #3

Got some suggestions and downloaded both the LIFE app and the MyFast. Been checking in with them both today and finding the LIFE app more intriguing.

This could be why!

Saw mention of another app that prompts you to enter your mood and/or other stuff every few hours. Wish I could find that post again…

Life is my favorite. I also use Zero because I like the notifications better. I think the icons in Life motivate me to keep going.

(Allie) #5

I’m using LIFE too as Vora got too buggy.

Thanks for the info, I’ll give it a try!

(back and doublin' down) #7

Hit six icons, kinda want to go forward just to see what other icons there are :rofl:

I love the little icons! I’ve pushed through just to see one pop up before too! :grinning:

You’ve got all of them though. CONGRATS!
You can tap on an icon on your app and then Tap “tell me more” to see what each one means, if you weren’t already aware.

(back and doublin' down) #9

Very helpful! And the little motivations of getting to and seeing icons helped more than I expected. I think I’ll be using this app regularly now.

(Jane) #10

You can also enter ketone and glucose readings into the app - stumbled upon accidentally while clicking around.

(Jane) #11

It looks like to can only enter current readings for the day - can’t change the date to enter older readings.

Click on the double ^ arrows and click Progress. Click the reading category and then click Update and you can enter your data.

(back and doublin' down) #12

well, 18 months and over 60#s down, and I’ve only tested ketones once because a coworker had a meter. Since my move to Colorado, I work towards minimalism, so probably won’t buy a meter. But I sure get data envy at times around here!

(Jane) #13

I hear ya. I lost all but 10 lbs without ever measuring but I still wanted to test out of curiosity, so I asked for a KetoMojo for last Christmas, and was over a year on keto before I got it.

I did a bunch of testing early on but now I only use one ketone strip each day I am fasting and I usually only fast once or twice a month so not breaking the bank on the $1/each ketone strips. $3-$6.