Let's see who is where in the UK!

(Shaun) #12

My wife and I are moving from Australia to Nottingham in a couple of weeks. I read they have a lot of restaurants but not sure how many are keto

(Ellie) #13

Welcome to the UK! There won’t be any keto specific restaurants but in most you can find something that works. One of my favourites is at a curry place because you can get various curries that are pretty keto, and have sag paneer instead of rice. Yummy.

West Cumbria, though not a native. I come from Liverpool and have been on the run hiding up here in Cumbria for thirty or more years or so. The police are after me because I am so good looking. Take away the scouse humor that means I have lived and worked up here for 30 years.
I live on a farm, though not a farmer, I am surrounded by cattle and sheep, beautiful animals and looked after by magnificent farmers.
I am Zero Carb, I do eat said mentioned beautiful animals. Namste my dear friends.
I do also speak to my animal friends, especially when I am cutting my grass, ( I say grass not garden because it’s an edge of field so to speak, not a lawn) the cattle come up to the fence and I feed them the freshly cut grass. They enjoy the treat as much as I.
If I do not cut the grass, the cattle will often jump the four foot fence, yes four foot, and I have seen them do it.
and I have many a time come home from work to find 20 plus cows and bulls eating the grass in what used to be my garden. I now realise it’s their field. So no more lawn, its their field.

Jurgen, forgot to mention “we are Keto and Carnivore”, this means, “even more”.

(bulkbiker) #15

Southern softie here Worthing on the South Coast.

Hi all, newbie here from Manchester!

(Vijay Bhakta) #17

Hi @HelenaH @newtoketonot Pop into this thread to see if you are interested in joining us :slight_smile:

Thank you, I’ll have a look now! :grinning:

(Colin) #19

Hey all. I’m in Bridgwater, Somerset.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #20

Hey Hey from Harlow, Essex.

(Susan) #21

I’m in Rayleigh, Essex.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #22

Hey Susan How’s about an Essex Meatup Bacon down or Fathead pizza lunch or dinner? There most be more of us in Essex

Cambridge! Week 3 :flushed:

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #24

Loulou2, LadySusanaUK

I was told by a butcher that there’s a fella around the corner that’s one of your mob ha ha!

So do any of you know of any keto meetup groups in Essex,Cambridge area.

No not aware of anything up here but I’m only a newbie!!

(Shaun) #26

New to Nottingham

Hi to all!
Steve, Pontypridd, S Wales.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #28

Dude you need to eat in better restaurants call and ask what’s the deal with food

(Ellie) #29

Why? I said that there is always something that works but there are no ‘keto restaurants’ as far as I know. Would love to know where they are if you know of any.
Either way, steak houses are usually my go to.

I like Turkish cafes.
They are family owned and run - and therefore (for me important) not a chain (where money is spent on presentation and not substance).
The food is cooked on the premises and often to order.
There’s lots of salad, olive oil, tdzicki.
And normally, very good value.

(David) #31

:wave: