Let me know what you guys think!

(Cristian Lopez) #1

Here’s some insight on what I do!

Annoying Breakfast Advice from High School School District
('Jackie P') #2

Wow! How cool was that!
I have so much admiration for you, and it is great to see you reaching out and educating your followers.
Your food choices look fabulous :yum::yum:

(Susan) #3

That is a really informative, well-organized, educational and an all around terrific video that you have made, Cris. You are a combination of Paleo and Keto I am guessing from the video? as some of those foods you are eating are not what some of us would eat on Keto?

I think it is really great that you have made this; and I am hoping that it will inspire many young people and older people a like to really think seriously about their health and what they are eating, and about their lifestyle choices!

I am very impressed with your accomplishments to live an extremely healthy life and to share your knowledge and experiences with other people. You are a very inspiring and admirable young man.

(Cristian Lopez) #4

Aw thank you! It means so much to me! Yeah the thing is I do 40-50 net carbs and I usually get in like 60-70 grams of fiber a day. And I fast 18 hours every day and do fasted cardio before school starts and lunch time (when I break my fast). i’ve been testing can you tell that’s a prizing Lee I’m still at 2 mmol/L 6 hours before I even break my fast. Then on the weekends I keep carbs real low like 10-25 and eat a much lower carb paleo WOE with ease.

I think at my age it’s best to also get the most nutrient dense foods which comes at a cost of a few carbs but with some macro manipulation I managed to fit those in and still get the benefits of ketosis. And I’m very smart on the types of carb foods I choose like squashes, high anti oxidant low sugar fruits, and endless cruciferous and green veggies. In fact most if not all of my carbs come from what is considered trace carbs from veggies,nuts,organ meats, fruits rather than eating straight up sweet potatoes rice or beans or starch.

(Susan) #5

Yes, that totally makes sense. I think you are doing really great.

Just out of curiosity, do your parents and/or siblings follow Keto as well?

(hottie turned hag) #6

Erm ya, basically this ^^^^.

Excellent vid. You are a dear, truly.

My kids are aged 19-36 and I’ve not seen that I can recall, a young teenaged person focused on healthy eating as you are, at that age. From my recollection nutrition was the last thing on any of their pals’ minds. Exceptional and impressive.
Have some cutes
:brain: :pig: :rooster: :frog:

('Jackie P') #7

Of course you are a healthy young male, with a desire to prevent chronic illness, so your requirements are a little different from a chronically metabolically challenged 61 year old female!
Haha! I used to eat 100’s of grams of carbs a day thinking I was being healthy. But now your 50-60g seems like a feast!

(Cristian Lopez) #8

No Im the only one. But they completely support me because doing so I was able to perfect my health and performance through diet and lifestyle. So they trust me. In there case and my siblings I nag on them a little when they have candy and I was able to eliminate all vegetable and seed oils from the house after giving a huge ass lecture about it. Now we cook in avocado or olive oil though so there is an improvement. Other than that they eat pretty clean. No cereal. everyone skips breakfast naturally. starts day with coffee or tea. We never cook typical american food to begin with. Meat and veg 4 days!!! But in case they do make a dish composing of a creamy (milk sauce) or a starchy base or side than they make me some steamed veggies which I just slice up a whole avocado on top and dig in. Im not a fan of adding oil to foods unless its for lubricating a pan or a coating before going into my air fryer. I prefer getting my fats in solid nutrient dense forms like avacados, nuts, or attached animal fats.

(Susan) #9

That is awesome that they support you =). Maybe one day they will want to follow Keto too; but it sounds like they have been making some alterations and eating better in some ways, so that is nice too =).

Well done!! I loved watching it :slight_smile:

I’m jealous much, I can’t get my parents to stop buying margarine no matter how hard I try. That stuff is awful, I don’t even want to be in the room when they use it.

As for what I think, I think you should come here and start a club at one of the local schools :joy:
Many of the girls avoid meat because they think they’re fat, and a lot of the boys live off pizza, poutine, etc. It’s relieving to see someone else around my age care about their health.