Less is more

The pounds aren’t exactly melting off of my body, but there are a number of other benefits I’m noticing this time around. I spent most of last year doing a very relaxed version of Low Carb… and gained about 10 pounds. Starting in early January I decided that had to change so I’m really being careful, including writing down every bite.

What I’ve noticed this time around:

-I believe I’m entering the ‘less hungry’ stage for the first time ever. I can go for hours and not think of food or eating. Feels kind of nice.

-I am eating so much less compared to the permissive version of LC I followed last year. And I’m enjoying the food even more.

-My clothes are definitely feeling more loose. Can hardly wait to be able to use the next smaller size.

-My mood is very upbeat. I tend to be cheerful usually, but I have a real belief keto is going to be a solution to weight and health issues. Nothing else ever has been.

-For the first time ever I’m believing this way of eating is going to be my way of eating forever. I’m not waiting for the deprivation phase to be over so I can ‘eat again’. Which of course was a blueprint for failure.

-I’m also trusting the process and know if necessary, I can adjust things to make it work. I would of course like to lose weight faster, but if I stick with it, that will happen - regardless of how long it might take. It’s so much more relaxing to not be in a hurry, though that sentiment comes and goes. :slight_smile:

YAAAAAAAY! Trusting the process and feeling nourished in body & mind while obviously shape-changing is quite amazing isn’t it?

You either trust the process, or you go back to what? Counting every calorie or points, exercising to oblivion, eating less fat? No thanks.

I enjoy playing tennis and do so a few times per week. I played well today and felt really good out there - with only a small piece of cheddar cheese for breakfast. I felt strong and graceful. This old and fat body was working well today. It felt good.

My blood sugars have been in goldilocks territory - not too low, not too high, though I wouldn’t call them ‘just right’. With my old meter, in the morning, they would range from the higher 90s to 105 or so. Borderline. (I’m old and more than 50 pounds overweight.)

Then I got a new meter a few months ago, and everything went up 10 points. Ack!

I don’t take a reading every morning, but this morning I did. And for the first time with the new meter, I cracked below 100. 99 to be exact. It’s not much, but it is another NSV. :sunflower:

Another small non scale victory. :slight_smile:

Before tennis this morning I had a mini keto pizza. It was good. After tennis some of us sat around to chit-chat for an extra hour or so. When I got home, I was not hungry as I usually am. How nice to be able to do other things when returning home besides preparing food and eating.

I’m thinking of giving up the scale for the remainder of Feb at least. I’m not straying, but the danged thing just is not moving… and it’s messing with my head.

While I did have a small scale victory this morning, the thing I appreciate more is not feeling so hungry. Not wanting to eat all the time. It’s now about 3 hours since my late breakfast this morning, and I’m not hungry at all. I don’t eat according to the clock and haven’t for years. But by now - 3 hours later - I would have already been thinking about what I was going to eat next. I don’t know. I don’t care.

On past diets I was starving all the time. I just hated that to the point of accepting being fat rather than putting myself through that constant struggle. But on keto, I not only love the food, it is satisfying to the point of carrying me far longer without wanting/having to eat again.

Still not losing though I am keto-adhering. I however did notice a couple pieces of jewelry - two old silver American Indian cuff bracelets - that I had not been able to wear for a very long time, are now comfortable to both put on and keep on.

Here are a few NSV collected from the past couple months. Hope it’s not TMI.

-First I noticed my bras were comfortable again, and I don’t even much notice I’m wearing one - instead of feeling I’m being strangled by a boa-constrictor.

-Just the other day I noticed I could pull my undies up higher than formerly.

-One of the things that had really made me do strict keto was the steering wheel of the car. Around Christmas time, I noticed for the first time ever that my belly was hitting the steering wheel. Then strict keto for 3 months or so… I don’t know when it happened, but I’ve become aware that this is not happening any more!

-this morning I realized that when I urgently needed to urinate, I no longer have little leaks. Don’t know when that stopped, but it has.

All this… and I still get to eat fatty meat!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

I have long legs, so the car wasn’t a problem, but my mother’s favorite restaurant has these booths . . . it was so humiliating to have to ask for a table in the back because I was too fat to fit in a booth. We went there last week on the anniversary of Mom’s death, and I sat in a booth without even thinking about it! And I love that my clothes fall off. I’m currently wearing a pair of jeans that are somewhat tight—but that’s okay, because for the past five or six years I couldn’t even pull them up over my butt!