Lengthy Stall and changing it up

(Stacy) #1

Hi all! I’m not quite a newbie to keto having just passed my 6 Month keto-versary, but I have not been able to lose since Christmas. The first 12 weeks I lost 27lbs. I’ve been stuck ever since.

I’m 5’3” and 150lbs. I have been changing things up over the last few weeks including trying a few 24 hr, 48 hr and one 60hr fast. I track my macros religiously. Tried cutting cheese/dairy. Tried upping my calories. Tried lowering my calories. I found this forum today and have been reading voraciously, trying to learn from the experts and others who have struggled. I realize the one thing I have not tried is upping my fat. I’ve now recalculated my macros and today is day one of renewed efforts. I now have a higher calorie allowance daily which is great. I am excited to keep reading and to see if this new twist helps to finally have my body give up the fat.

(Sophie) #2

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good stuff to be had here! :+1:

Have you noticed any changes yet? (I realize its only day 3 but just curious).

(Stacy) #4

Thank you. It’s actually day 189 (6months-ish) for me on keto. So far it’s too soon to see if I’m breaking my stall but I’m happy to find this community. :slight_smile:I love keto and the way I feel on it.

(Rob) #5

Sounds like you are navigating the forum. If you hadn’t found it, his would be the place to start for this specific issue. Lots of good advice in this sub-forum…

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/progress/stall-point

You’ve tried the obvious strategies and upping the fat is the one that Carl highlighted recently in the podcast. Good luck.

This is a good recent thread to check out if you haven’t.

I meant day 3 of eating more fat. Lol. I suppose it would be too soon to know though.

(Stacy) #7

My bad - I oughtn’t be online late at night! Still up and down and up again but I’m just going to keep on going! I’m hoping to find something that kicks this stall to the curb and in the meantime learning a lot about ketosis, insulin resistance and the human body. This forum is great!

It’s ok. I hope you learn something helpful! :slight_smile: I love this website as well, I check it everyday.