LDL-C Does Not Cause Cardiovascular Disease: a comprehensive review of current literature

cholesterol

I’ve been struggling with the LDL-cholesterol information that was being repeated by a medical doctor in the media that I regard as a trusted information source.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/australians-canadians-dr-norman-swan-media-doctor-lowering-cholesterol/57327

Thank goodness it is science to the rescue with a September 2018 review of some literature. Only the abstract of the submitted paper is available via the link, but it is informative reading.

The authors of three large reviews recently published by statin advocates have attempted to validate the current dogma. This paper delineates the serious errors in these three reviews as well as other obvious falsifications of the cholesterol hypothesis.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17512433.2018.1519391?scroll=top&needAccess=true&journalCode=ierj20&

(Bunny) #2

oooooh!

(Running from stupidity) #3

That’s an amazingly blunt statement to see in a peer-reviewed journal.

(Duncan Kerridge) #4

You can read the whole article here:

(bulkbiker) #5

It was part authored by Dr Malcolm Kendrick who is a UK doc well known for his plain talking… great guy…

(Running from stupidity) #6

Massive props to him, I’m sick of reading peer-reviewed papers that are vague to the point of uselessness in order to not offend the perpetually offended.

Thank you very much for the article!

A Diet Doctor review of the paper

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Ravnskov and Diamond are also noted for their skepticism towards the marketing shenanigans of statin manufacturers.

“In addition, the correlation* with heart disease breaks down when controlled for low triglycerides and high HDL (findings commonly seen on a low carb diet)”. Diet Doctor.

*The correlation between LDL cholesterol and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. That is an important statement defining context for low carbohydrate eaters.