Kind of weird, but quite good actually :)

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

So I just has something for breakfast, that I was really not sure about…

But first a back story. I used to marinade Salmon in 1/2 Soy Sauce, and 1/2 real Maple Syrup overnight, then cook it on the grille, and it was SO good.
So I have gotten to the point with Sous Vide, where most of my meats, beef and pork anyway, were about as tender and juicy as they are ever going to be. So one could say, I finished that challenge. Now what ?
Well, I started thinking about that Maple Soy Sauce Salmon recipe… and those boneless pork ribs I SV’d a few days ago…

So I decided to marinade some boneless pork ribs in Soy Sauce, and Lakanto SF (monkfruit) Maple syrup. SV’d for 3 1/2 hrs at 150 F. So when I took them out… Whoa ! Those things smelled… Uhhh… Weird ! I mean like so weird, I was concerned about eating them ? Kind of ran around behind, and hid them from my GF, as she is super sensitive to smells anyway (and she rarely likes the smell of meat in the first place)

So anyway, this morning for breakfast, I made an awesome grilled cheese sandwich with a bunch of extra sharp cheddar, and bunch of butter, on my keto bread… AND, I quickly heated / seared some of that Soy Sauce Maple pork… even put another shot of Soy Sauce and a little more Lakanto Maple in the pan, when heating it…

First bite was like… Hmmmm. Okay. That’s not bad :slight_smile: Certainly better than it smelled coming out of the SV last night. So as I was eating it, I think my pace started picking up :slight_smile: Put it this way, by the time I got to the end, the dog was lucky to get a tiny little piece, because I could have eaten more !

A while ago, I heard somebody mention Sweet Soy Sauce, so I guess that was what this is. Any of you ever try this ?