Ketosis-Going in and out (my fault)

(Susan Moseley) #1

I have been kicked out of ketosis twice. The first I did a 24 hour fast and was back in business. Today I realized I was drinking regular tea (with sugar). Ugh!!! So I’m going to do another fast. Think I will get back in ketosis quickly again?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Don’t kick yourself too hard. You started keto two weeks ago and until you get into a routine and rhythm you’re going to make mistakes. While it’s important to stay in ketosis as consistently as possible, it’s not the ultimate goal, it’s a tool. The goal is fat adaptation. The more consistently you remain in ketosis the sooner you will attain that goal. Plus, having your insides awash in ketones brings lots of health benefits that don’t come otherwise.

(Susan Moseley) #3

Thank you!

You will go back to ketosis quickly even without a fast if you keep your carbs low…
I only would fast if I felt no hunger at all.

Don’t you recognize the taste of sugar? I suppose not everyone of us do…
Well, mistakes happen, life is like this. You will learn and get better at it :slight_smile: Even being in ketosis most of the time and not always is beneficial and you do your best to avoid getting out of keto, right? You do it right, don’t worry about rare mistakes.
I personally stayed in ketosis for months to get fat-adaptation but I already did low-carb since long, making my own food during the whole time. Coming from a more common diet is harder but you will get the hang of it. I saw from many keto newbies that they wanted to be absolutely perfect from day 1. It’s fine to try that but if it doesn’t happen perfectly, that’s good too. Your body can handle some problems (and to some extent, they always will be), we just shouldn’t overwhelm it as most people do.

(Susan Moseley) #5

Thank you. I must say I’m bummed out because tomorrow is my birthday and cant have any cake. Nothing.

I don’t know your history at all on keto plan changes and time on plan and more :slight_smile: so not sure how to answer this in a way. New people need more direction, if you are into this and KNOW then you just gotta step up and kinda do what you are aiming for :slight_smile:

Fasting isn’t a cure all fix for anything. Fasting is a tool we use as we heal and hold our eating plan etc. Again I am not sure on where your path has gone…so…

Just eat Keto. Just eat the plan as intended is my best recommendation. Just eat on plan, eat well, let it all go down as it must and let your body change and heal and just be…you know…just be in the moment of the plan you wanna eat and hold that.

Ketosis is ‘being in ketosis’ but if a newbie you don’t know about the longer term info on that but if seasoned, you know a ketogenic menu doesn’t mean you ‘have’ to be in ketosis all the time either so again that is another chat :slight_smile:

I love Michael’s response on this…oh I see he said 2 weeks. OK you are fine, just eat all the keto foods you love and need and hold strong and just know this plan will work for you and I know you got this :slight_smile: You seem like you know and wanna move forward so just do the keto plan and all should fall into line as you learn about your needs and personal body needs thru this plan!!

(Susan Moseley) #7

Thank you! My main issue is I’m fat. I’ve been anorexic several times in my life. Gain weight/starve and lose tons of weight. I’ve never been on any type of consistent “diet plan”. So I’m a little OCD right now. I’m peeing every few hours on keto strips. Hoping for it to get darker each time.

Thanks for your wisdom.

(Kristen Ann) #8

Make a chaffle cake for your birthday. Super easy, super fast!

I eat whatever the hell I want and can on my own woe and while I stall all the time, it’s not due to that at this point… Most people relax a bit on their birthdays, I guess - if they need that at all. I need the best food all the time, not just on my birthday, to me it’s another day.
And cakes are overrated if you ask me… I ate sooooooooo much on keto, I got bored of them :smiley: They were useful but hopefully I found a better way to keep my carbs low… (You don’t need much carbs for cakes, they were my least carby items on vegetarian keto.)

But you should eat something nice on your birthday (just like on any other day). It’s the main point, not cake. Why do you need cake for anything? And if you need it, why don’t you eat some? There are very easy ones. The simplest for me isn’t proper cake just pancake but those are good too.

It’s harder in the beginning but if someone is a hedonist and do keto for long, probably zillion nice recipes emerge (or the one in question realize simple is better and enjoy the hell out of a few simple dishes)…

(Jimmy Lock) #10

Tell them if they really, really love you… they’ll bake a keto compliant cake! :rofl:

Assuming there is such a thing as “keto compliant cake”

I know they have keto compliant cookies! :sunglasses: