Ketone level drops post meal

(Bunny) #41

From my learning experience with this which has been very brief:

Learning how to really burn fat by paying careful attention to glucose numbers is the secret to this and maintaining (sustainability) the full keto adaption is even more difficult in the midst of the damage from previous dietary habits involving high levels of glucose which damaged the body to begin with. I can tell you right now a lot of the information out their even from the experts that have PhD’s, doctorates or dietician degrees behind their name are flat out wrong and have no special access to secret information on the subject because they too are as confused as we are as to what is or what is not the better diet and have not had the unbridled time (time is money) to really delve into the deeper inner esoteric working of what is really going on with this so you only get a scattered version of the picture!

Insulin spiking, eating time and physical exertion levels must be synchronized in a way that has to play catch up (so fat does not get blocked from being burned or stored) along with the circaidian hooks; literally sun up to sun down, it is still a mystery to me why the literal positions of the lunar and solar bodies matters so much to weight loss, but it does, and at the same time makes no logical sense as to why it works like this, it does not matter if your a night owl who does not follow the circadian clock of solar and lunar body positions and tries to reverse it, it will not work when trying to burn fat!

When you look at the history[1] of what is defined as a ‘ketogenic diet’ and how we define a certain substance called “ketones” which are just by-products of oxidized fat cells, but what the heck is that? Why is that happening? We know they kill cancer so far!

If you really do look at the history of the ketogenic diet, the very definition KETOSIS is interchangeable with FASTING, they ARE ONE AND THE SAME-THING, it is not defined as eating high fat, it is defined as “FASTING.” That is a far cry from eating high fat (although the body can handle it quite well). The fat is only to satiate the body prior to being in a FASTING STATE. Eating fat in the beginning is TRAINING the body and liver to utilize fat for energy, to burn fat but is not sustainable by itself if their is no fat to burn (other than eating fat) anymore AND THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM!

The problem comes from eating too much of the wrong food within an allotted period of time (fat storing process) in the circaidian cycle thus causing a progressive chain reaction that breaks down all defenses eventually if their is nothing to break the cycle of progression unless fasting is utilized!

So if the body has enough sugar energy to sustain it, it also must be intro-convertable and switch to ketones for energy at some point so it has an even metabolic switching processes to give each a break from the other, if no break is given; one from the other, then we are talking about sustainability problems by trying to choose between the two as one being correct over the other.

The problem is with our thinking as one being mutually exclusive to or over the other when they are not! If you put too much energy into a thing, it is going to explode without any lever or alternate route to relieve some of the pressure! i.e. Intermitent Synchronization, Synergistic Symbiosis and Equilibrium are the key to this!

With my own body I am noticing I can add more sugar and carbs to my diet and it is not effecting my Ketosis at all which is really amazing too me!

[1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet#history

Hello @atomicspacebunny I really like what you have said here and I absolutely believe it because eating high fat (with not proper focus on Carbs) did more damage to me than eating just carbs and sugars. Fasting was what helped me get into Ketosis or rather a state where I was seeing the bebfits.

I did not understand this part, can you please explain.

This is what my focus is on right now. I now eat usually a 18-20 hour fast and I now avoid high saturated fats (Cheese, butter, heavy cream, etc.) However I do consume olive oil which I use to sauté my veggies which is mostly egg plant, zucchini, mushrooms and green peppers. I also make Jerusalem salad with tomatoes, cucumber, onions and Tahini dressing (7g Carbs, 2g fiber so 5g net carbs). And then I do eat a chicken leg quarter (at times). I do take 5 egg whites fried in olive oil. I was eating black berries a little bit much about 200g and 200 pecans later at night as a snack which I have also started to cut back.

What I am wondering is that if I am consuming too many carbs from Veggies and not enough fats to train my body to run on fats rather than carbs. Am I in anyway confusing my body and preventing it from getting trained to burn fats rather than any other alternate fuel?

My end goal is to achieve as you mentioned, to achieve a state a ketosis / get fat-adapted that once in a while when I do consume a few carbs or sugar, my ketosis state should not affected. And I am seeking advice to achieve this goal.

And thank you once again for all your time and the fantastic information you shared. Really appreciate it.

(Bunny) #45

Fat to carb ratios?

Any process involved in the ketogenic diet from body weight, to body fat, to muscle mass, to glucose, to ketones, to, to level and time physical exercise\exertion, carbs and dietary fats must be done in RATIOS, especially if you want to burn fat! If you do not know this, you will hit brick walls each and every time you ignore one or two, or all? All work in unison synergistically!

E.g. The diet is like wild tigers running around somewhere out their in the Jungle waiting to devour you the moment you let your guard down! I prefer to keep my tigers trained, caged and well fed!

How Much Ketosis is Good for you?

(Bunny) #46

Your cutting out the egg yolks so my question is where are you going to get your cysteine from to prevent a fatty liver?

Forget the Egg Whites - Eat the EGG YOLKS!

(Bunny) #47

Thought this may interest you and is more in-line with what you want to do! (click on link and read the entire thing it is pretty in-depth)

JULY 26, 2017
More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About Protein & Gluconeogenesis

Excerpt:

”…If you’d like to check out a (formerly) type-2 diabetic eating very large amounts of protein in one sitting, with basically no impact on blood glucose (or, actually, a beneficial impact!), see what Steve Cooksey (“Diabetes Warrior”) is doing. He does a lot of fasting and intense workouts, so take his experience in that context. He’s not sitting around all day and pounding large boluses of protein every three hours. But this ought to be enough to put the nail in the coffin of “too much protein turns into sugar.” (Steve eats plenty of protein and has been off all diabetes meds for years. In fact, as you’ll see from that link, he’s doing an experiment now where he’s eating zero plant foods at all, except for the occasional wine. No vegetables, no nuts, no avocado, nada. He’s deriving a very large percentage of his total calories from protein and he is thriving—with totally normal blood sugars.) …” http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2017/07/gluconeogenesis.html?m=1

(Liz Santiago) #48

I have been on keto for 2 years this January and I have never been able to eliminated coke zero from my life but I have lost 90 pounds. Test you glucose and check if it actually does something to you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #49

Aspartame would not be allowed to be sold in the U.S. if the Food and Drug Administration believed it would raise anyone’s serum glucose. Any manufacturer wishing to sell a non-sugar sweetener in the U.S. must prove to the FDA that said sweetener does not raise serum glucose levels.

Unfortunately, however, the FDA cares nothing for insulin levels, which are therefore never studied.