KetoMojo Ketone and Glucose Meter Initial Impression Review

(Mike) #61

Sweet, looks like mine shipped today as well

(Mike) #62

So I got my Mojo yesterday and my Hematocrit read 50. This morning for my phlebotomy appointment they measured 51.3 which makes sense since I tend to be a bit dehydrated in the mornings.

I haven’t tried measuring Ketones yet but it seems to be great for Hematocrit!

Mike

Just another data point. No statistically significant difference between MOJO and Precision.

(VLC.MD) #64

I wonder if it could help in Heart Failure.
Hct goes down with fluid overload ?
Hmmm.

(Kevin) #65

I got this same meter and read .4 no problem

(Annette) #66

I haven’t been so lucky. I did use the chip first for the ketone strips. Both glucose readings from the same drop of blood. Ditto for ketones.

(Marla) #67

My results also are not a match between the two devices. I’m glad I’m not the only one. However we do seem to be the odd women out as everyone else who has responded is getting consistent results across devices. At the beginning of this thread, Mr. Mojo himself asserted that the issue with the difference in my readings must be something “on or in” me. My husband gets consistent readings across the same two devices so I am inclined to believe that Mr. Mojo’s diagnosis of the issue is correct. I’m guessing there is something about my blood chemistry that tests differently between the mechanisms used by Abbott and KetoMojo. I’m not a scientist or an engineer and can only speculate that the two devices might be using slightly different processes to get results and that something in my blood reacts differently to different diagnostics. ANYWAY… thanks for posting this. I feel a lot less crazy now! :slight_smile:

(VLC.MD) #68

These are amazing results !
Impressive.

(Arlene) #69

What are healthy ranges for hematocrit and hemoglobin? I just need to know what to look for.

I’m curious about that too. My hematocrit has ranged between 10 and 47 since the 14th on the keto mojo device (though the 10 was a major outlier, may have been an erroneous reading?). My hemoglobin has ranged between 3.4 and 15.90, but again the 3.4 was a major outlier and maybe was a bad reading.

(Karen Parrott) #71

@farmgirl There is a reference range button on the right hand side the linked pages, if you scroll down. There are different ranges for males and females. Also, reference ranges will vary slightly between labs.

Hemoglobin. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hemoglobin/tab/test/

Hematocrit https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hematocrit/tab/test

(Karen Parrott) #72

I think the really low H&H are outliers. Because those values are not compatible with human life- LOL.

Here are the links to the reference ranges.
There is a reference range button on the right hand side the linked pages, if you scroll down. There are different ranges for males and females. Also, reference ranges will vary slightly between labs.

Hemoglobin. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hemoglobin/tab/test/

Hematocrit https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hematocrit/tab/test

(Mike) #73

You should be fine below 50 when well hydrated (Don’t test HCT when you are dehydrated as it throws it off). I get checked every 6 weeks and phlebed if above 47 but thats because I’d be above 50 by the next one at 47.

I can tell you that I suffered from high hematocrit issues for a couple years and the docs kept telling me we should not phlebotomize until it was above 54. BULLSHIT. I finally put my foot down and insisted they phleb me even thought it was around 53 so they make an appointment and the nurse practitioner tells me that 54 is when you start getting stroke risk but other issues start earlier.

Honestly unless you take meds that increase HCT (As I do) or have a medical condition that causes it I would not worry at all about an outlier or two between 50 and 55. The symptoms I have experienced are things like

Persistent and nasty mental fog
Difficulty focusing on stressful tasks (I found this very weird)
Fatigue, even after a full nights sleep
Blurred Vision (In my case just blurrier than usual (:smile: )
Recurring sinus infections
Feeling like you have water in the ear

Anyways I just wanted people to be aware of the issues it causes because I was absolutely shocked how much I had deteriorated. I would not except many people to have issues with this but, if you do, get it fixed for a better life.

edit: I forgot to mention, if you can donate blood you don’t need a phleb, just donate and you will lower your HCT

(Karen Parrott) #74

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, thank you both!

(Robert ) #76

Wow, outstanding thread full of great information and insight. I’m just starting on this journey; ordered and recieved my Keto-mojo approximately two weeks ago. I watched the videos vs reading the instructions. I was completely unaware that there was/is a solution for calibrating the device. Good to see that people are seeing consistency across multiple device, hope things get solved for those that are experiencing the inconsistencies.

Anyway… looking forward to learning more!

(Gale Dacalio) #77

Thanks for that. I calibrated mine and the blood sugars between Keto Mojo and Nova Max plus are very similar. But on the ketones the Nova Max is always much lower. I had 3.1 on the Keto Mojo and 1.9 on the Nova Max. I am fasting have the improved neuro functioning that makes me believe the 3.1. I wish there is a way I could know for sure.

We have had our Keto Mojo for about 6 weeks. We have been tracking results and recently my blood glucose results seem off. I just tested this AM after a 12 hour fast and my first result was 107. Within 3 minutes I tested it 3 more times with a different result each time: 107,100,98,94.

How is this possible?

(VLC.MD) #79

Not that different.
Did you poke yourself 4 different times ? or keep draining blood from the same poke ?

Your blood pressure changes every heart beat.

Those are within the margin of error of testing.

People overestimate the accuracy of home glucometer testing

The benefit of KetoMojo is Ketone testing.

First two were from the same poke. 2nd two were each from an individual poke.

94-107 seems like a large margin of error.

Thanks for your reply.