KetoMojo Ketone and Glucose Meter Initial Impression Review

(KCKO, KCFO) #41

Thanks for updating us on your product. I am still in the hate to prick myself crowd, don’t see it changing, but I can see this being very helpful for T2D who want to stay in ketosis, such as my husband. I will be looking for your 2nd gen. to hit the market, with wifi, so he can track things more easily.

(Mister Mojo) #42

We have clearance by the FDA for the US Market at this time, and in such cannot ship direct to the UK. Each country has its own rules and in such to ship direct the packaging and the meter has to be in compliance with the host country. We will be looking at being able to ship to other countries and will be working towards those goals. Until then we have to stick to direct shipping within our borders.

I’ve used mine twice this week…my readings were 3.0, (8 hrs after eating), and 5.9, (40 hours fasted). These are my two highest readings ever, granted I haven’t tested regularly for two years, and have prob only tested 15-20 times in the two years since. My previous meter was the precision xtra. I was thinking that maybe these high readings were like false positives but am really encouraged now by some of these comments. Thx!

(Mister Mojo) #44

IMG_1448

Your numbers look about right I am in the high 2’s after not eating for 8 hours and your fasted numbers are also in the zone. I very much doubt that they are false positives. What was your glucose?

Oh yeah, no, I know. It was just shocking, (in a good way). At the 3.0, 80. At the 5.9, 71. I’ve been keto for 2.5 years so I guess my body is just finally efficient at creating ketones.

I’m hoping that this has implications in the health of my liver. When I started keto, I was 3 months into an intense 6 month Hepatitis C drug treatment protocol (Sovaldi/ribavirin). My blood glucose was always over 100 and my ketones never over 1.0. :blush:

I appreciate you, Keto Mojo! Promoted your meter on my company (keto food) Instagram a few days ago.

(Marla) #46

Thanks for the response, @mistermojo . I’m still seeing results that don’t make sense either with how I’m feeling or what I get with my Precision Xtra. I usually test in the morning and am always .3-.6 in the morning (Yes, I know, that’s barely “ketonian”). I have not had a single morning reading from my Mojo meter that wasn’t just “Lo.”

Yesterday afternoon with only two Mojo strips left, I tested my afternoon levels which are usually higher. My Precision Xtra reading was 1.3 and Mojo was .9. I made my husband test on my equipment and he got 2.2 on both machines, an exact match. Does your machine hate women? Women’s hemoglobin does tend to run lower than men’s… could this be a factor? Or maybe the accuracy just really does go up with increased ketone levels. It makes sense that if there is at least a .4 difference between my Precision Xtra and the Mojo, that if Xtra tells me .6, Mojo would just read “Lo.” For me, unless it’s an issue with my meter or the strips, it’s still looking (unfortunately) like my Precision Xtra is more accurate.

If you’ve got suggestions or feedback, I’d love to hear it!

(Marla) #47

@mistermojo… YES, I did code the strips. Following the thread, you’ll actually see that other readers “realized” this step after I referenced it.

(Mister Mojo) #48

Fascinating, keto-mojo is a feminist and certainly does not hate women. So reading through this is my take. Your husband reading was exact at a higher level, at higher levels above 1 mmol/L we have a Cumulative Variation of 7%. Below 1mmol/L its a .1 mmol/L this what we state on our website

Ketones: measuring from 0.1 mmol/L ~ 8.0mmol/L
Precision: ≤1mmol/L, SD<0.1mM; 1mmol/L, CV<7.5%
Accurate results in 10 seconds
Glucose: Measuring from 10-700mg/dL (0.56 – 38.89 mmol/L)
Precision:SD < 5 mg/dl (0.278 mmol/L) at < 100mgl/dL (5.55 mmol/L); CV < 5% at 100mg/dL (5.55 mmol/L)
Accurate results in 5 seconds

Hemoglobin does not play a factor in ketone measurements, H&H is only used in conjunction with Glucose.

In the absence of a control solution (they will be on our website in two weeks) the difference is coming down to something in or on you. Do you use a hand cream or moisturizer? do you wash your hands before taking a sample or use an alcohol swab. If we can control externalities and measure against a known then it is easier to get a conclusion. Please note we offer a lifetime guarantee to the original owner on all our meters. so if it is not working to the stated parameters we will replace it. I think you get 60 days with precision.

(Marla) #49

I should have put a happy face after the question that implied that keto-mojo is some kind of misogynist! Sorry! I really do want you AND this product to be a raving success, thus my persistence in looking for an explanation. Unfortunately, I am a meticulous pre-stick handwasher so that doesn’t explain it. :frowning: I have an order in for both glucose and ketone strips and I’ll give it another bout when those come through to see how things look. I appreciate your reminder about the warranty and if the numbers still look suspect on the next round, I’ll get in touch with you. Thank you!

(Karen Parrott) #50

The youtube videos are helpful. Thanks @mistermojo for doing those. And there is no testing or food photography at my house without one of my tortoiseshell cats joining in on the fun. LOL.

I found the meter pretty easy to use- although I am a Medical Technologist in real life and did Point of Care Testing as part of my career. I had to read the instructions for setting the date and time, then after that, got the coding strip in there and so far so good.

Ketones: I’ve run 1.1 twice, 0.1 once, and 0.8 twice. Recording all my values along with blood glucose and urine strips (for fun) over at Heads Up Health for safe keeping. So far, just as I imagined my values would be. In a low level of Ketosis some of the time, not at other times. Good to be able to say I’ve tested.

H&H: Next up are my HgB/HCT levels- sometimes I run higher, sometimes lower (paid blood donor- If I can’t maintain my H&H I don’t get drawn = paid). So I’m as interested in the meter almost more than ketones for the H&H. I have a medical condition where I would also like to use H&H to screen for that item, so I can use that particular data set 2 ways.

I would like to test quarterly for H&H and then a few more ketone measurements here and there.

Thanks for selling an ISO certified meter. That’s very important to me.

(Mister Mojo) #51

Thanks for the note, We would be very interested in you H&H results. The engineers said they could add it in to the display and I thought that would be cool. However, those numbers move around a bit. Perhaps in hindsight we should have left them out. we learn. maybe on the next machine we will bury them a bit. I would love to hear your feedback. Heads up Health is a great platform. I know the folks over there and it’s wonderful that you are using their product.

(George Hernandez) #52

I don’t know whether to like this, or to be scared of it, very very scared :grin:

(Khara) #54

Hello all. Just got my KetoMojo today. First ketone tester of any kind. I’m thankful to have had this thread as I was able to learn from all of your troubleshooting. The new videos on the KetoMojo site were helpful too and got me through set up quickly. Just did my first test and I’ll post a picture below. Does this seem right? I am right at hour 24 of my first ever extended fast. Also, please verify that the mmol/L is the better/more common unit to use for us in the US?

Took me a couple of days to post the picture after I took it, but here it is.The precision xtra says memory because it turned off before i got the other one ready (forgot I had to set it up), the readings are about 10 minutes apart. Looks like I used 0.1 ketones setting up the keto mojo :grin:

(George Hernandez) #56

Wow! great numbers. Thanks for sharing, i will use as motivation.

(Mike) #57

WAIT, WHAT? You can get a home meter that shows hematocrit?

I have to go in every couple months, get my hematocrit/Hemoglobin tested then get a phlobotomy if it is over 45. With this meter I can just check at home to see where I’m at?

(Jim Russell) #58

Yes, it shows both hematocrit and hemoglobin %.

(Mike) #59

OK I ordered it. This should make life a lot easier and I can Keto test to boot.

I ordered on 9/15 and mine shipped today. Looking forward to being able to get a true blood reading.