KetoMojo Ketone and Glucose Meter Initial Impression Review

There is a chart showing how accurate the ketone strips claim to be. I think it’s a 90% confidence to be within .3 and 100% confidence to be within .5. That seems legit/solid to me.

(Jim Russell) #22

Yeah, home insulin testing would be a game changer. I would love to see how glucose, blood ketones, breath ketones and insulin all really interrelate.

(Marla) #23

No, I’m not. It’s glucose that reads “Lo” at .6mmol/L. I was looking at the wrong chart. Still not helpful since Xtra reading at .6 for ketones this AM and Keomojo at “Lo.” Frustrating. I’ll have to see how it goes with the next round of strips.

I’m going to reserve final judgment until I get more strips and the control solution. In fairness to the product, I did a terrible job of reading the manual (or RTFM for those in the IT world). :grin:

(Jim Russell) #25

Yeah, me too.

RTFM is for when you can’t figure it out yourself. :smile:

(George Hernandez) #26

my first ketone test on the mojo didnt come close to my extra. i was so excited to check out the new meter that i didnt read instructions first so i missed the code chip. once i did calibrate with the chip, my results for ketones were the same across both meters. When all else fails, read the directions!

I just got mine today! My glucose numbers were the exact same as my other meter. I’ve never had a ketone monitor before so I was really excited to get this one! It seems to be great when calibrated properly although I only have ketone levels at .1 because of some cupcakes yesterday.

(Mister Mojo) #28

Thanks for the review, We put up a video regarding the code chip as we found out folks were missing that bit in the instructions.

Did you see that Dominic D’Agostino just did a really cool bench test. He tweeted the results https://twitter.com/DominicDAgosti2/status/908437297380589573.

if you are curious about what our standards of testing are, this is what we bench to

FDA approved and exceeding ISO 15197:2013.
Ketones: measuring from 0.1 mmol/L ~ 8.0mmol/L
Precision: ≤1mmol/L, SD<0.1mM; 1mmo/L, CV<7.5%
Accurate results in 10 seconds
Glucose: Measuring from 10-700mg/dL (0.56 – 38.89 mmol/L)
Precision:SD < 5 mg/dl (0.278 mmol/L) at < 100mgl/dL (5.55 mmol/L); CV < 5% at 100mg/dL (5.55 mmol/L)
Accurate results in 5 seconds

Thanks for posting. As admitted above, my errors were all my fault. Perhaps a “STOP” sticker on the device with a short instruction to “code the device” would make sense. I’m looking forward to using the Keto Mojo more and more as I get comfortable with it.

When will the calibration solution be available? Is it necessary under normal use parameters?

Also, your 50- ketone strips description reads weirdly. It reads:

“Unlike certain meters we could mention, that just give you a mojo sucking low Ketone reading. The keto-mojo measurement range extends from 0.1 mmol/L ~ 8.0mmol/L.”

It probably should read:

“Unlike certain meters we could mention that just give you a mojo sucking low Ketone reading, the keto-mojo measurement range extends from 0.1 mmol/L ~ 8.0mmol/L.”

Keep up the good work!

(Mister Mojo) #30

Hi CoachMarla, It was great meeting you at Lowcarb USA in San Diego. First I am sorry that you are underwhelmed but would perhaps like to address that.

Did you use the code key that came with your strips? Like the other user who did a review on this board you need the code strip to ensure a good reading.
I can not speak to the accuracy of your existing meter. However, the notable Scientist Dominic D"Agostino who is working with NASA regarding ketogenic diets for long duration deep space missions benchmarked our meter yesterday and was “very impressed with results”

Unlike Abbott who do not post anywhere what their actual accuracy we are the only meter provider who posts what you should get on our website.

Ketones: measuring from 0.1 mmol/L ~ 8.0mmol/L
Precision: ≤1mmol/L, SD<0.1mM; 1mmo/L, CV<7.5%
Accurate results in 10 seconds
Glucose: Measuring from 10-700mg/dL (0.56 – 38.89 mmol/L)
Precision:SD < 5 mg/dl (0.278 mmol/L) at < 100mgl/dL (5.55 mmol/L); CV < 5% at 100mg/dL (5.55 mmol/L)
Accurate results in 5 seconds

The questions that one should ask is how accurate is your current precision meter when was the last time you tested that to a control if that is to be your benchmark.

Our meters were all tested to a control solution when they left the factory. If there is an issue with yours we would gladly change it. We offer a lifetime guarantee on our meter. I think precision gives you 60 days.

We will have control solutions available in a couple of weeks on our website

If you have any questions I look forward to being able to answer them.

(Mister Mojo) #31

We have found that 99% of error codes are showing up because of two reasons. The meter not being set with the correct date time and year (the years is very important here as some folks miss it) and or not putting the code strip into the meter. to help we have placed some videos on our website. However, if you get an E-C or an E-2 code I recomend the following steps:

1 Remove batteries and reinstall.
2 Ensure that date time and year are set correctly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouskEUe88DI
3 Insert code chip card and wait until code is displayed on screen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfFVlKXqEU
4 Insert a fresh unused strip and wait while it checks and shows code on screen.
5 you should be good to test now.

Code strips are only needed to be used when batch numbers change.

(Mister Mojo) #32

Primal, Thank you for the feedback, all your suggestions are good. I have asked my web guy to make the change to the text. We will look into the stop sticker (I like that)

The control solution will be in stock in about two weeks. but you really very rarely need it. I have not used any in three years. Its just there to please the FDA, and for folks who are diabetic a method to know that the measurement they are getting is true to its initial calibration.

ketone control solutions are REALLY expensive.

(Ellie Green) #33

Thank you @mistermojo for clearing a few things up for me. I just ordered my ketometer this afternoon. Can’t wait to get it in and watch the how to videos.

(Mister Mojo) #34

Thank you MrsGreen! I am happy to be able to help and answer any questions at any time. We appreciate the support of fellow ketonians.

(Ellie Green) #35

Do you happen to have how to videos on YouTube? I looked up how to use a circular saw last week… So I’m looking for some idiot proof material. :grin:

(Mister Mojo) #36

Yes we do have some videos. We just posted up five yesterday here is a link to the channel on youtube

You can also find additional documentation on our help page

Thanks for this clarification and information! Good stuff. The coding issue is so important because the meter doesn’t give an error code when it’s not coded, it gives a reading. That could be concerning. As noted above, when I took an uncoded reading, I got a 1.3. Once I coded a few minutes later it was a .4.

Could you put the coding chip INSIDE the strip vial so people are less likely to miss it?

And maybe in version 2.0 you’ll want to consider having the meter throw an error code for uncoded reads. Just a thought!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #38

Mind you, in my (IT and other) experience, FM’s are not always brilliantly written… :slight_smile:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #39

Thank you for your very useful posts.

Do you know if this meter will be marketed in the UK?

Thanks.

(Mister Mojo) #40

Primal, all good feedback. Ideally, in the next generation machine, we will get rid the current coding process entirely and it will happen over the air through wifi and all be in the background so the manual aspect to cross match will not be required as it will pull the batch logs via an API.