Ketogenic diet without exercise outperforms SAD with exercise

(Crippie) #1

Have seen this posted in a few places today but not here.

Any thoughts? I am not the most “sciency” so a lot of the technical aspect goes over my head, but thought it may be appreciated here?

(Brian) #2

LOL!! I can attest. I’m active with daily living, but no “exercise” simply for the purpose of exercising. Started keto in August, down 50 pounds as of today. Hard to argue with that.

(VLC.MD) #3

Use https://sci-hub.bz/ to view the original document. Just type in the PMID from nih.gov

Induced and Controlled Dietary Ketosis as a Regulator of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Pathologies

Madeline Gibas (first author)
Dr. Kelly J. Gibas, MA, LPCC (corresponding author)
Doctor of Clinical Behavior Sciences
Kelly-gibas@bethel.edu

Bristlecone Behavioral Health, Inc. (sponsor)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Bethel University (collaborator)
Department of Biology

Summary: Keto is good for weight loss and metabolic indices related to metabolic syndrome.

(Keto in Katy) #4

My 16 yo son started keto last year in June. He went from 233 to 169 thru July of this year.

Diet only. Zero exercise.

We tracked his weight, chart below.

(Crippie) #5

i have to agree! I have been keto since July and dropped 50 pounds (Plateaued during holidays as I have been eating more than I should nad had the occasional day where I fell of the keto horse)

But 50 pounds down regardless. And not a single extra step taken than a normal day, no extra exercise. I mean I would love to exercise more, I have the energy now, but just have no time with a new baby in the house.