Ketogenic Diet Enhances Neurovascular Function

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

20%20PM

Discussion:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I hate to disparage Keto Swiss, but any time you see a headline with “could” or “may” in it, the answer is probably “NO!”

I am not convinced by the whole microbiome thing to begin with (to announce my bias), because the research is not at any kind of stage where we can draw conclusions from it, so far as I can tell. I also suspect that there is an anti-meat agenda underlying microbiome concerns: in other words, you need to feed your microbiome these plant foods so that you can stop eating meat.

(Dr. Ben Bikman is certainly no expert on the microbiome, but his belief is that what we eat totally determines the contents of our microbiome to begin with. On that basis, it is reasonable to suspect that a microbiome resulting from eating meat may be the most evolutionarily suitable for human beings, but I am just totally making this up, because so far as I know, no one has ever made a study of it. :grin: )

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Amber O’Hearn’s article that I linked here is apropos the potential utility of the microbiome.