Ketogenic bread options

bread

(John B) #21

Making these tonight! Well, tomorrow once they are done soaking.

(Athena) #22

I found these for Thanksgiving, but we loved them so much that I make them all the time now!

I had no problems with soaking for 2-3 hours instead of all night. I think I used 1 cup of seeds.

(John B) #24

I used this exact recipe to make my Thanksgiving stuffing! Cut the bread up, put it in my dehydrator to make the croutons, and used it like i normal do. The bread does taste good on itā€™s own, your right about that!

(Sophie) #25

FFS, why didnā€™t I think of that!!! :roll_eyes: Brilliant! :+1:

(Candy Lind) #26

Iā€™ve made ā€œflackersā€ with Italian blend (ketoconnect recommended) & with ā€œTex-Mexā€ spices for scooping guacamole. I think you could do them 50 different ways.

(Patricia) #27

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to let people know about Braumā€™s low carb bread called Carbwatch. Itā€™s really delicious and very inexpensive. It also keeps a long time, but I have to buy several loaves at a time when we are visiting relatives in another state. I freeze the loaves, but the slices tend to stick together unless you find a way around that. Each slice is 3.5 net carbs. If you are fortunate enough to live in one of the states with Braumā€™s stores, check it out. Unfortunately, they donā€™t sell online or ship food.

Hmm

https://www.carbmanager.com/food/braum's-carb%20watch%20light%20wheat%20bread-md:10445646

implies 9.5 total carbs per slice and 6.5 NET carbs per slice.

I also donā€™t see the ingredients listedā€¦

(Patricia) #29

I happen to have a loaf right here. :grinning: Here is what is on the label:
Serving - 2 slices (43g) Total carbs - 16g Fiber - 9g
So that makes 7 net carbs for 2 slices, or 3.5g net carbs per slice.
Fat - 2.5g Protein - 1g

Ingredient list is long, but here are what appear to be the main ingredients - water, grain base (soy fiber, inulin, calcium sulfate, oat fiber, guar gum, natural and artificial flavor, soybean oil, polysorbate 60, enriched wheat flour, ascorbic acid, calcium peroxide, enzymes, sucralose), vitamins and ā€¦ some other stuff like dough conditioners and flavoring.

(Patricia) #30

Oh, the name of the product is Carb Watch, not light wheat. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve found the best store-bought keto bread for sale on the planet right now, by Yez Breads. Itā€™s heavenly to be able to have some yeast bread again!

Unlike most low carb breads, Yez is gluten free and soy free. INGREDIENTS - Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, Organic Whole Husk Psyllium, Organic Chia Seeds, Yeast, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Organic Stevia Powder, Distilled Water

Theyā€™re small loaves (about 9 x 3), three for an order. Pricey, but worth it if you use it sparingly, unlike a cheap loaf of typical SAD bread!

Thankfully Iā€™m able to order these once a month right now.

(Patricia) #32

That is why I like the Braumā€™s Carbwatch bread. I got 4 loaves for less than $8. Maybe it wouldnā€™t work for everyone, but I am happy with it.

(Candy Lind) #33

Weā€™ll, there are many ingredients in the Braumā€™s bread that I avoid. The Yez sounds better, but if you avoid estrogenics then the chia is out. Iā€™ve never seen a commercial supposed low-carb bread for which I was interested in paying the price. I just made my first batch of the ā€œEmmerich Recipeā€ that can be made as bread or buns, and both hubby and I agree it is very good and really close in texture to whole wheat bread. I added some yeast to it, not for leavening but for smell & flavor. Worked nicely! I think Iā€™ll stick with that for the time being.