KetoFest 2017 - New London, Ct USA

(David) #21

A Keto road-trip ! GREAT IDEA. @carl loves his roadtrips.

BUT! There has to be a mini-UK road trip. Or, as we call it here, a drive for a few hours…

(Tom) #22

Just out of curiosity… If we each gave one more dollar, do we have enough members to put it over the top?

(Stephanie Hanson) #24

I purchased a 1 day ticket. I can’t make it (this year). @carl or @richard if anyone needs it, pls feel free to use it. Otherwise, it’s a donation b/c your work is important and I want it to continue

I just bought a 1 day ticket and I hope I can make it to Science Sunday, I’m not sure I can arrange the flights and not interfere with work, but I want to contribute and really, really hope this happens!

A big thanks to both @Stephanie and @BillJay for buying tickets even though they aren’t sure if they are going. And a huge thank you to those who bought T-shirts, too. This show of support is wonderful…we are at the precipice of making history, and you are all key participants in making that happen!!! I also did the same…I bought a full pass, but not sure if I can make the trip just yet. If I cannot go, I will give it for free to another member of this forum.

When events like these happen, it attracts more eyes in our direction, and generates a significant voice in the world of food and nutrition. It is obvious that keto still has a long way to go…we buy burgers at full price and throw the bun away…we get dirty looks from our doctors when we say what we eat…we are challenged picking the right items off restaurant menus filled with carbs and industrial oils…our hard-earned taxes subsidize the wrong players in the food industry…our loved ones continue to suffer diabetes and are mislead by the medical industry… limbs continue to get chopped off or eyes continue to go blind with growing diabetes epidemic…children with an otherwise huge potential before them are weaned on “healthy whole grains” and “healthy low fat fruit yogurt” reducing their growth potential in body/brain…and healthcare costs in every nation continue to escalate which funnels billions dollars into the coffers of Big Pharma.

We are currently a mere matchstick lighting a small flame. Keto fest will bring a blowtorch to the party!!!

(Richard Morris) #27

Thanks Steph … very generous.

You’ll get a “I Founded KetoFest” T-Shirt as part of the rewards of kickstarting.

(Stephanie Hanson) #28

Yay!!! That would be awesome.

(Ashley Crandon) #29

I’m so happy to see Ketofest funded at 86% with 4 days to go. It’s nail biting to see whether we are going to make it…
My partner and I really want to go but being in Australia it’s a bit more of an expense. Who knows maybe we will make it.
Nevertheless I have contributed to the kickstarter event as I think it’s a fantastic opportunity to gather together with like like minded people. If we can help make this year’s event successful it would be awesome to turn it into some kind of annual event! After all, ketogenic living is on the rise as more people discover the benefits so I’m sure our group will sizably larger this time next year.
To all those people who love the podcast and the forum and can’t attend ketofest, please think about making a donation to help reach the funding goal. One person alone won’t get us there, but many of us together can be a part of making ketofest history. Only 4 days left so let’s make it happen!

(David) #30

I second this. A few dollars/pounds/euros etc is not a lot to give back for all the great value in the forum and the podcast. I can’t attend, sadly, but I would love to see it happen from across the Atlantic. Good luck with the last few days guys!

(Richard Morris) #31

Thanks for contributing anyway. If this is a success then I expect there will be ketogenic festivals using this model (Get a Mayor of a small town, and some restaurateurs to commit to a project, and kickstart it). And I’ll bet there are some in Australia - we might even run one ourselves.

Maybe Tasmania, or the Barossa, or Yarra Valley, or Canberra during the truffle festival.

Thanks … it’s very close here’s the projection with 4 days and 7 hours to go

(David) #32

I think it’s going to be close. I posted a link to the promotional video on a UK Keto FB group, pointing people to the forums, The 2 Keto Dudes podcast and the kickstarter.

I think that if we all promote it in one more place each we can all do our bit to help.

(Ashley Crandon) #33

I’d definitely be keen to attend something in Australia!
Keeping my fingers crossed the projection graph is right. It would be such a shame for it not to get fully funded as I can only imagine how many hours you and Carl have invested already. I’m sharing with everyone I know that will listen :wink:

(Richard Morris) #34

Great News - Rackspace have offered to match every dollar in the final $5000.

So we’re on the last 3 days and have around $1500 in pledges to make … I think we can do this :slight_smile:

Remember anyone who pledges will always be a FOUNDER of the first ketofest

(Insert witty quote here) #35

I can’t give any money right now, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed and I’m super excited for you guys, for what that’s worth! :slight_smile:

Watching the progress is more nail biting than waiting for April the Giraffe to have her baby!

(ryanspletzer) #36

Woo!!! Funded! See you guys in New London!

(Francis Lessard) #37

Woot woot !!!

What a great day it is ! RV camping is booked… We’ll see you at Ketofest 2017 !!!

(David) #38

Congratulations. So pleased all the effort has been rewarded. I don’t think I have “met” two people so willing to put themselves out for the good of others. It is humbling. I wish I could get across to the states to support you all in person, but I will, with a twinge of happy jealousy, keep track from here in the UK.

(Ashley Crandon) #39

Wow congratulations everyone for getting Ketofest over the line!
Is there any way you could set up a live feed on science Sunday for a fee that people who can’t get to the event could sign into and watch from afar?

(Stephen Price (Lythix)) #40

Oh dear, I think i stuffed up.
When I pledged I doubled the amount on the pledge that gets the party ticket and totally missed that only got me one ticket (for twice the price?)

Hopefully we can squeeze one more in or there may be a fight over who goes. My wife may win. haha

(Richard Morris) #41

We’ll send an email to people who have an ambiguous funding option to work out what their intent was. Don’t worry we’ll make sure you both get a ticket.