Ketoers that HATE cooking

(jketoscribe) #8

Grocery store hot bars and salad bars. Our Whole Foods has a Paleo bar, and the hot bars and deli sections at WF and other local healthy chains have meats, cheeses, nuts, hard boiled eggs, lots of prepared veggies. It’s not cheap, but a good variety.

Two words…Crack Slaw

Recipe that’s very forgiving if you cut the pieces too big, omit an ingredient, over cook, or whatever. Ingredients are cheap, too. Think of it as the recipe with training wheels.

And it’s called Crack Slaw because it is fucking delicious.

If you hate cooking because of inexperience, past trauma screwing something up or afraid to fail, this is a recipe for you.

(Chris Bair) #10

You also have the nutritionally complete ketogenic engineered staples:

• Keto Chow
  • Keto Fuel
  • Ketolent
  • KetoOne

They’re all meal replacement shakes that can actually replace a real meal - like do 3x a day and you’re getting all the vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and other stuff you need for the day - though most people only do 1-2 a day (replace the boring, stupid meals like lunch at work - have an awesome keto dinner).

The WF Paleo bar “saved” my daughter while spending 3 days in NICU with my granddaughter…she was able to leave long enough to finally get some real food.

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

Too bad she bowed to the PC police and changed the name.

@jfricke, oh really? I didn’t know that.

FYI, I’m no fan of the PC police. They need to eat more bacon and chill.

(Guardian of the bacon) #14

in the article she stated that she changed the name from “Crack Slaw” to Asian Skillet slaw because people didn’t think it was appropriate.

Good grief! Bull :poop: Why cave in to PC pushers?

(William Andrew Rux III) #16

I also hate to cook but have found some easy ways to minimize preparing food since I’m on the run a lot.

Here are some handy items from Costco

• Tableside Chunky Guacamole in 12 2.5 oz containers
  • Spirella Mini Hand Rolled Prosciutto with Mozzarella 50%/50% Rolls
  • Cello Whisps 100% parmesan cheese crisps (no carbs)
  • Norpaco Mediterranean Olive Blend
  • Kirkland Precooked Microwavable Bacon

Also, I’ve also started to buy the Albacore Tuna in the vacuum sealed bags that I can quickly add Avocado Mayo to along with Cheese Crisps for a quick lunch.

Additionally, buying a Rotisserie Chicken from Costco or your local grocer is another great way to get good tasting protein and then supplement it with cooking some vegatable of your choice in bacon fat. I put some pine nuts it there as well and saute the it all up in less than 10 minutes. I also get the Green Giant broccoli and cheese microwave vegetables that let’s me have a quick dinner.

Moreover, a Rotisserie chicken will last a couple of days for a single person and it tastes good cold. Once picked over, I now just put it into a Dutch oven with water and a couple of onions, carrots, and so forth and slow boil it over a couple of hours to get the rest of the meat and fat off the chicken. I remove the chicken and it makes a great soup once I add a little more pink salt to it.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #17

Quick ideas @seisenhauer5

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #18

I posted this under Keto On a Budget, the techniques in these budget videos/recipes are simple and perfect for new cooks and anyone that hates to cook!

(Will Madams) #19

I’m a bachelor living alone and I despise cooking. I’ve found keto easier because I can have a few simple recipes up my sleeve that i just rotate and cook in bulk for the week.

although i must admit after 2 months I am getting more adventurous with my cooking and started enjoying it. a little… still not a fan but i’m learning to love it.

My guess is that you are enjoying it because cooking protein or vegetables in fat (lard, butter, bacon grease…etc) is pretty straight forward and the combinations are endless. It’s very freeing (do not have to buy the low fat packaged food with mystery ingredients) while desperately trying to make low fat food taste good.

I was the same…careful, it’s a slippery slope into the land of cooking-love!! :wink: I really enjoy it now - my friends think it’s hilarious.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #22

Excellent @aussiewill, congratulations on learning. The bulk cooking is perfect to limit the number of times a week you need to do what you don’t like :grinning::sunglasses:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #23

Here’s a good discussion on beginner cooking gear

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #24

I just read this one in a keto FB group, this could work with canned tuna, chicken…

I mix salmon packet with mayo and use pork rinds to scoop it up to eat… easy peasy

(Michelle) #28

FYI - Lots of people do Keto for things other than weight loss. It’s an anti-inflammatory woe that can also prevent diseases and help with epilepsy.

(dani maz) #29

Could you maybe start reading what you have typed before you hit the enter button? Besides the ignorance of your comments, your piss poor spelling and general lack of decent grammar are giving us all headaches. We should not have to babysit your bullshit answers.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #30

Green Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole
Easy casserole video from I Breath I’m Hungry… yum! IBIH swears cauliflower haters are won over by this delicious recipe.

Recipe at http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015/10/green-chicken-enchilada-cauliflower-casserole-low-carb.html