Keto working too good LOL

newbies

(Brennan) #1

Playing around with Excel - 1.5 months of data looks great forecast to the end of the month, but forecasting another 1.5 months makes it look like Keto just works too well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BG readings since I started Keto Oct. 1, 2018

:rofl: Good luck!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I knew it! This way of eating is going to kill us! :rofl::rofl:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Why the fuck canā€™t my charts look like that?
Mine areā€¦ weird. Lol.

Youā€™re turning into a supermodel!

Albeit, a healthy one. :grin:

(Michelle) #6

@Brennan is about to vanish!

(Brennan) #7

@ava_ad0re

Under the data tab in the ribbon there is an option to create a forecast sheet. Itā€™s the only way Iā€™ve found to get that look on a graph. My actual tracking looks like this:

(charlie3) #8

My weight reduced 10 pounds over 6 months just by cutting all junk. 15-20 more went away with a combination of keto and calorie restriction. Now Iā€™m back to highschool weight and waistline. Great, but now I want to put some weight back as skeletal muscle and as far as I can tell itā€™s not happening. Weight is stable, I look the same in the mirror. My biometric scale says body fat stable between 11-12%. The charts it generates on my phone are flat as a midwest cornfield. Itā€™s now easier to loose weight than gain. I might even be losing weight very slowly. Sigh.

Great NSV pal, well done.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Youā€™re not going to add muscle unless you eat more protein (especially the branched-chain amino acids) and exercise. But congratulations! Eleven to twelve percent body fat is exactly normal for a man.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #11

Legend :smiley: Thanks!

(charlie3) #12

In the past couple months average protien is 112 grams. I could raise that, any suggestions? Iā€™m intrigued by the carnivore crowd, tryinig to figure out how they get their micros and what the downsides might be in the long run. Iā€™d like to read some carnivore diet science. I havenā€™t bumped into that yet.

For the OP, measuring everything might help, might not. My current thinking is it alerts me to trends sooner and definitely gives perspective when Iā€™m looking at calories consumed, meaning exercise. I have made some progress with strength and endurance but depressingly slow, or so it seems.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

Charlie, I am not a fan of measuring and counting, because it drives me crazy. This not a criticism of doing so, just a statement of fact.

If you havenā€™t already, look for some of the talks by Dr. Ted Naiman about protein. His contention is that there is no such thing as ā€œtoo much proteinā€ā€”although of course there is actually such a thing as ammonia toxicity from having too many amino acids to get rid of (there is a labile pool of amino acids, but its capacity is apparently not unlimited). But Prof. Bikman recommends up to 2 g protein/kg LBM/day, so that is certainly safe.

Dr. Naiman also thinks highly of the protein-leverage hypothesis, which states that mammals tend to regulate their food intake so as to get a specific amount of protein daily. If the percentage of protein in foods eaten is low, then the appetite is stimulated to encourage us to eat more until we get enough protein. If the percentage of protein is high, then the body is satisfied with less food, because it is getting enough protein. Dr. Naiman recommends equal quantities of protein and fat by weight, which in terms of macros is 30% protein, 70% fat.

(charlie3) #14

Thanks for the feedback. Your theory is easy for me to test. The only thing in my freezer is meat and ice cubes. Iā€™ll try upping protien for a week or two and see if energy level increases and there is less hunger.

To the OP. This health and fitness stuff is a long game. The more patient you are the better it works. In December I turn 70. My perspective is, itā€™s not how fast I progress but for how long. That might work for younger age groups too.