Keto Thanksgiving 2018

Thanksgiving is coming up soon…I need some ideas :slight_smile:

What are you having?

What are your favorite recipes?

Not really sure myself? (meal wise) But will post any ideas and be watching the thread for ideas myself. :slight_smile:
But I do know we plan to make a turkey, and I was actually thinking of making a Pumpkin Cheese Cake. Other then this, we’re still working it out.

Whoa - Cauliflower stuffing?! Making this!

I totally want pumpkin cheesecake!!

Actually ran across a post @Brenda did last year, where Pork Rinds were used for a stuffing. … looked good too.

Oooo pork rind stuffing sounds good too!

Just found it, here ya go. :slight_smile: … Haven’t read it myself, but looks good. Edit: I MEANT HAVEN’T TRIED IT, I actually did read the post. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #8

Turkey
Brussel Sprouts w/ bacon and pine nuts
Broccoli/Cauli/Cheese casserole
Celery stuffed with pimento cheese
Green Bean casserole (keto modified)
SF pumpkin pie with almond flour crust

Those are my keto foods. Going to make a few non-keto treats which we will enjoy and then not save the leftovers for - hubby and I both on maintenance. We started after Thanksgiving last year so Christmas dinner was strictly low carb to stay in ketosis (hadn’t heard of keto yet or becoming fat-adapted but glad we stayed strict).

Yum! Adding stuffed celery and brussel sprouts to my list!

(Vladaar Malane) #10

There is only one thing I cheat on in Thanks Giving.

The pumpkin pie, and it’s really only the sugar carbs that throws me out of ketosis.

I take a slice of pie and eat everything but the crust. Aside from that I eat some sweet potato casserole. I don’t go for the marshmallow topping, just scoop up the sweet potato goodness underneath which drives my wife crazy.

So yeah I prob end up over a 100 carbs that day, but well worth it once a year.

(Candy Lind) #11

Yum! I may have to do this.

Myself as well. Haven’t had Pimento Cheese in a while either. :slight_smile: