Keto strips test results

(Andzej Nameiko) #1

Hello,

I’m on keto + 16:8 fasting for about 7 months. But I have been sick for two weeks. Didn’t have appetite so I skipped my keto and fasting and ate anything I wanted just in case to at least eat something. But I didn’t eat much. I definately believe that I was kicked of ketosis for that time and now I’m two weeks on keto (without fasting) and want to measure my ketones. As I know Keto strips can detect ketones when we just start to keto process and cant measure if we are keto adapted. I find more signs that I’m getting back in keto - strong diuretic effect, slightly decreased appetite and really bad and strong smell when farted :smiley: But keto strips shows this. Any help? P.s. ketones are the second color from the bottom (purple).

(Allie) #2

(Jane) #3

Not true for everyone. I still measure ketones on the pee sticks and I’m coming up on 2 years of eating ketogenically. Definitely fat adapted since I can fast for 72 hours easily.

But that aside… no need to test. You will be back into ketosis in a couple of days if you keep your carbs under 20. If you are in this for the long haul like most of us then it doesn’t matter if it’s 1, 2 or 3 days.

(Andzej Nameiko) #4

Many thankx. So You are saying that strips shows ketones event after two years of keto? :open_mouth: Didnt think its possible. I’m still wondering if its ok to get 35 g carbs if I have intense weightlift trainings 3 times per week. The reason its REALLY hard to stay under 20 grams of carbs is that I have to eat 3050 kcals per day. It was easy to stay under 10 when I was on calorie deficit. But now I have to cover my intake and cant find the right way to make it under 20. But my “carb manager” app shows me 38 g carbs as a limit.

(Allie) #5

I’m in my fifth year and they still show sometimes.

(Jane) #7