Keto sources of L-Lysine?

(Todd Chester) #1

Hi All,

Any recommendations on Keto sources of L-Lysine?

-T

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Meat.

https://www.traditionaloven.com/tutorials/l-lysine_rich_foods.html

Get in correct amounts of protein and you’ll have your Lysine. Are you on a restrictive diet or something where you’re not getting enough in?

If you’re thinking about L-Lysine in terms of herpes control. You’re better off soaking up Sunshine and/or taking a lichen based Vitamin D supplement long term to kill off the pesky virus. I gave this advice to my mother with stage 4 cervical cancer and she’s been cancer free for many years now.

Take note that too much Vitamin D from supplements will cause insomnia. Therefore lower your average daily dose by taking it less often if insomnia occurs. ex. 5000iu 4 days a week instead of 7.

(Todd Chester) #5

No restrictions, as long as I keep my glycemic load down to 15 per day (typically 10) and my carbs down to 60 per day (typically 30 to 40). I do not do net carbs.

If I don’t take a small supplement ever day, I will start to get a painful bump on my tounge

Of Lysine? How much protein are you getting in daily?

(Todd Chester) #7

I have never really counted. But I typically will eat around 4 oz of grass fed beef, two chicken thighs, and half a pork chop. Sometimes two to four eggs. I suppose there is trace amounts of protein the vegi’s I eat too

(Todd Chester) #8

Hmm. Nice list. Thank you!

I do occasionally eat hazel nuts, walnuts, peacans, and goobers (peanuts). Orange juice and tangerine juice are poisonous to me as a T2 Diabetic – probably not good for T0’s either. Love almonds, but my wife has a two step allergy to them (two steps and you are dead – very scary) so I hardly ever touch them. Don’t even want them on my breath. I do eat a lot of Macademia nuts – cheap at Trader Joe’s. Canned fish makes me hurl, literally. There is no source of fresh sea food, except when one of my customers goes on a fishing trip to Alaska and I mooch some off of him – I have no pride…

If I put that in cronometer it’s saying just under 120g protein, with 8g Lysine. I’d start tracking, I’d also replace your Lysine supp with more of the real thing and see if you have that issue, gives you a more direct answer. For me 120g is pretty low anyways, not sure what your stats are but may want to consider that as well.