Keto Skin - Bags and Wrinkles

skin
face
wrinkles

(Erin Mellas) #61

I can top this. I was flying home from NJ before Christmas, chatting it up with the girl in front of me. We got up to the front and she scanned her boarding pass and I went to scan mine I thought… wait did I already scan mine? I looked up at her and said, is your name Erin Kathleen? She said YES! So my name is Erin Kathleen (thank you captain obvious) and you never hear of anyone using their first and middle name like that very often and for it to be the same. I have always used mine together for everything and so does she. Very freaky. So we are friends now. She’s lives really close to me. Who would have thunk…

I’m almost 14 years away from 50 (in the WRONG direction!) And although I’ve offloaded a medium sized freshman (or a large crack addict) from my ankles, knees, and hips since Christmas 2016, I look like a Sharpei Puppy without my clothes. In street clothes, I look like a perfectly normal (if somewhat confused) 63 year old.

I feel anything but normal.

Having felt pretty fat, sluggish, and miserable for much of 5 decades…now I feel like Superman most days.

I can live with wrinkledy skin, if I have to. Oh, I don’t like it much, BUTT my days as an underwear model are in the pASSt. :flushed:

(Consensus is Politics) #63

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Raj Seth) #64

Oh! So you’re only 36? Child, don’t worry. Some fasting will tighten you Right up!

(Consensus is Politics) #65

Wow… any relation to…

Héctor Elizondo?

imagehttp://www.nndb.com/people/962/000023893/hector-elizondo-90.jpg

“I’m almost 14 years away from 50 (in the WRONG direction!)”

HA! I wish!

Rajseth. I’ve been doing some fasting, but not all that much SINCE a big loss starting 15 months ago. And no change yet. (None that I see…)

Are you a fan of fasting? I’m sorta new around this board, and I haven’t gotten acquainted with many names yet.

I’m open to most other options, except surgery. I heard about an herb(?) Gotu Kola that does it for some folks. I doubt anything will help me. (I’ve resigned myself to wrinkes WAAAAAAY over obesity…if that’s my only choice.)

(Raj Seth) #67

I started fasting Dec 29, 2017. Since then have fasted 30 of 90 days. Love love love it. Never felt so much in control of my body. I’ve lost 85 lbs and have no flab. Really. My wife says that really changed with fasting.
So, yes, I’m a big fan of fasting, the fasting Jedis - Fung and Ramos, and metabolic repair. It makes such totally sense, and the risk reward is so skewed in favor why would I not?
Read idmprogram blogposts on fasting, understand how it works and try it. Entry cost : $0

Response appreciated!

I have read Fung’s last book, cover to cover…and oh yeah. It does make sense. (I forget the title.)

I don’t think I’ll do another long one anytime soon, but I am a regular 2-3 day faster with cream and a tiny bit of Stevia added to my coffee…maybe 50 grams of cream at the upper limit, total…for the day. A water only fast is rare for me. at this point, but I may be somewhere in the same range… 30 out of 90 days total also…just not consecutive. More like 2 days per week, or just under that on average. Dropping 140 pounds of blubber in 11 months, may well prove to have been unwise. Slower seems to get more nods of approval, but I was impatient. :neutral_face:

Your post is quite encouraging. And I hope you can continue to improve!

Stan

(Doug) #69

Stan, 140 lbs. in 11 months is ~.42 lbs per day, not far off the 1/2 pound per day that Fung says is the practical limit for how much fat we can lose per day. Sounds good to me, and Wow!

I think it’s pretty well scientifically established that visceral fat around our organs is bad for us. I have to think your rapid progress is a good thing, there.

(Rob) #70

Only to people who have no real understanding of the human metabolism.

Kudos to you. The only way this becomes unhealthy is if you go back on the carbs… and why would you?

For sure, I wouldn’t, and thanks for the kudos!

I feel excellent nearly every day.

Never going back…not ever.

I have just read all these (totally anecdotal) stories that “slow and steady” produces less loose skin. So I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a few second thoughts about how quickly I lost my weight. That’s all.

Other than saggy skin, its all been UTTERLY, OVERWHELMINGLY positive.

(Margie) #72

:blush::sunglasses::grinning::joy::rofl::smiley::smile:outstanding summary!

(Rob) #73

I think “Slow and steady” has become a thing because in the CICO/“Eat less, Move more” weight loss world, it is the only way you WON’T crash your metabolism or whatever, drive the dieter to insatiable hunger or incite a near immediate yo-yo bounce back. It temporarily papers over a couple of the most obvious failures of SAD dieting but doesn’t fix any of the fundamental issues (obviously).

(GINA ) #74

I think skin just takes a certain amount of time to respond. Let’s say it takes two years (I am making numbers up for the sake of an example). If you lose 100 lbs and you do it in a year, your skin will indeed be saggy and it will look like quick weight loss left you with saggy skin that took another year to firm up. If you lose the 100 pounds in two years, you matched your skin’s timeline and it will look like the slower weight loss was “better” for the loose skin.

(Carolus Holman) #75

My skin has somewhat started to regain it’s shape. I lost a lot at first and now since the dreaded stall my skin is starting to catch up!

(Trish) #76

Seems the fat goes first and once that’s sorted then the skin…which is protein/muscle equivalent if I’m not mistaken… so that kind of makes sense with the way keto works.

(Raj Seth) #78

I didn’t understand

(Paul Bloom) #79

Sorry for the miss up, Sir I have been having some liver problems (mind) and my writing has been hap hazard, I am trying the Gotu Kola to help tighten skin (belly) had a destined belly for years cancer. Wanted an opinion on if IT works. I have been seeing small results slowly fasting, if you do not know if the herb works, first hand or maybe I did not ask properly on the forum.

If memory serves, the main benefits of Gotu Kola come from its choline content.

(Traci ) #81

Thanks for sharing the video. Since coconut oil and olive oil are known to induce autophagy, I think I would stick with those oils. I’m doing my own n=1 experiment with rapid weight loss and keto and increasing cell turn over I think will help tremendously. I only have 30 lbs. to loose but I’m 50 so my skin may not shrink so fast at this age.