Keto Skin - Bags and Wrinkles

skin
face
wrinkles

(Traci ) #82

The article actually states that grass fed and organic chicken are the best ways to get collagen but not the only way but doesn’t cite any research that ingesting collagen benefits skin. I like Dr. Mercola but anyway, I did a google search and came up with one research article suggesting that collagen supplementation from marine sources can help with a number of skin issues: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2016/4389410/abs/.

I think researching to back up statements is very helpful for all of us. Or course it is time consuming. :slight_smile:

(Traci ) #83

Here is a study done from 2016 on Mice that is positive for females for high fat intake :): http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166175

(Bunny) #84

Duly noted[1] and uploaded to mental archives:

Let’s see, adding more e.g. Fish Skin, Whale blubber, fermented Seal flipper, fermented baby Shark, boiling some Shark cartilage (marine cartilage/collagen broth) and Shell Fish broth, and adding some Kelp and Seaweed to that…

Notes:

1. Marine Collagen Peptides (MCP): The major concern regarding safety of MCPs intake relates to increased risk of oxidative stress connected with collagen synthesis (likewise in fibrosis) and to ROS production by MCPs-stimulated phagocytes. In this clinical-laboratory study, fish skin MCPs combined with plant-derived skin-targeting antioxidants (AO) (coenzyme Q10 + grape-skin extract[2] + luteolin + selenium) were administered to volunteers. Skin properties (moisture, elasticity, sebum production, and biological age) and ultrasonic markers (epidermal/dermal thickness and acoustic density) were measured thrice (2 months before treatment and before and after cessation of 2-month oral intake). The supplementation remarkably improved skin elasticity, sebum production, and dermal ultrasonic markers. Metabolic data showed significant increase of plasma hydroxyproline and ATP storage in erythrocytes. Redox parameters, GSH/coenzyme Q10 content, and GPx/GST activities were unchanged, while NO and MDA were moderately increased within, however, normal range of values. Conclusions. A combination of MCPs with skin-targeting AOs could be effective and safe supplement to improve skin properties without risk of oxidative damage. …” …More
  1. 7 Pine Bark Extract Benefits You Won’t Believe

(Star Gagnon) #85

Hahahahahaha. My take as well!

(Cale) #86

So related to skin tone and college. If college is potentially good for the skin, firms it, but fasting and lower protein is also potential good for the skin, autophagy, should you not be taking bone broth and college? Or should you? It is protein that supposedly benefits skin among other things. But if you’re reducing protein to eliminate skin?

So maybe fast, reduce protein. But when not doing that, take your college/bone broth?

(Diane) #87

My understanding is that one of the benefits of fasting/autophagy is that your body can recycle the protein in extra skin, connective tissue, vascular tissue, etc. that accumulate after significant weight loss and also “damaged” proteins in general. So, even though you are not consuming protein during an extended, water fast, you are freeing up proteins/amino acids to use as building blocks.

Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids: glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine, all of which help our body’s connective tissue, skin, hair, nails, as well as gut health stay as healthy as possible.