Keto Roadfood Recommendations

(Becky) #1

My nieces just reminded me of a ‘Roadfood’ day trip we took together filled with food, shopping, laughter and fun. Lots of those stops were carby. Reimagined Keto style, deep fried all beef hot dogs from Rutts Hut in Clifton, NJ, 40 (?) oz fatty steak (not on the menu, but just ask) any how it was big enough to share among three of us, from Arthur’s Steakhouse in Hoboken New Jersey or if we were traveling the other direction a ‘juicy’ pastrami sandwich from Harold’s New York Deli in Edison, New Jersey. All without the bread or carby sides of course!

What two or three places near you, would you recommend to enjoy a unique Keto treat?

(Jacquelyn Graham) #2

Noble Sandwich Company here in Austin, TX. PBLT, roasted pork belly sandwich done lettuce wrap style with bacon aioli and their roasted Brussels sprouts for a side.

Drooling down here!!

(Becky) #4

Ohhh, yum!!!

In Houston, we love the Pit Room. It’s a barbecue place with really good fatty brisket (among other good meats) and they have fried pork rinds as a side option served with hot sauce.

(Jo Lo) #6

Yup. Steak houses are always better than burger joints. IMO.

(Georgia) #7

There’s a new Latin restaurant in town. Hitting it Friday for my birthday and I’m going to order the chicarrone small plate and one of the ceviche dishes or the shrimp cocktail. Not even in the mood for a cocktail. I have a feeling I’ll be just fine.

(Becky) #8

Nodding, yeah! That’s what I’m talk in’ 'bout! Laughing, shoot, I want to get on a plane right now!

(Megan) #9

I just went to Texas de Brazil here in Detroit and it was so good! So many steak options that I hardly had any of the sides. If anyone gets the chance to go to a Brazilian steak house, do it!

(Nancy ) #10

Just spent two weeks in USA (live overseas). Were with family and had little choice of restaurants. Ate at Mcdonalds, Wendy’s, and Culvers. Not one person blinked an eye when I ordered no bun. Didn’t bother me a bit to have others at the table eating French fries and ice cream. Amazing how filling a patty with bacon and cheese can be after only doing keto for 3 months. Subway will turn any sub into a salad. Had an awesome spinach salad! And birthday dinner at Red Lobster - yum! Easy to make a keto meal. Airplane meal going and coming home was a bit harder, but there is always butter, some type of cheese, an ok veg and a protein. I stole my husband’s cheese and put butter on eggs or chicken. Took the topping off of the snack pizza. Took a large water bottle (empty of course to get through security) and would fill it up 2 - 3 times for each flight (9 and 13,5 hours). Also took little containers of Himalayan salt, and coconut oil for my tea)
Had a couple of small cheats during the 2 1/2 weeks and only gained a pound! Yeah.
Today I had carpal tunnel surgery (back at home overseas) and when the kitchen worker came to take my order for after the surgery, she didn’t understand when I said I wanted the chicken sandwich without the bun. Lots of very confused looks and had to explain exactly what I wanted. Funny - but the chicken was delicious! Sorry post is so long, but lots of food adventures over the last few weeks! Thanks 2ketodudes for helping me change my life.

(Becky) #11

Great Keto travel!