Keto Recipe Fails

(jilliangordona) #1

So tonight I had my first keto recipe take a big ol flop. This made me think it might be fun for all of us to share some of the recipes we’ve found that just didn’t work.

For me, it was some keto brownies, I linked it below. I think my mistake was using ghee instead of butter. I’ve never used it before and don’t really like the flavor. I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with the recipe, it just sure as heck didn’t work for me!

How bout y’all? Who has some recipes that they would NOT recommend?!

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

I screwed up some baconaise big time. Haven’t had the guts to try it again. I’m pretty sure it was not the recipie’s fault.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

What happened? Did it break while you were mixing it?

Take a look at this topic:

I can attest to the success rate with an immersion blender and a narrow vessel (we use the plastic beaker that came with the blender) is 100% for us. And SO worth the effort. Haven’t tried baconnaise, mostly because I’m not sure if that’s using bacon grease, or bits of bacon. But on my list to try. :slight_smile:

I failed at mayo the first couple of times until I found the foolproof recipe that @devhammer linked to. I haven’t had too many serious problems in the kitchen.

The first time I tried the Red Lobster style biscuits, they didn’t end up biscuit shaped and I ended up with something more like garlic cheddar cookies although they were still delicious. I make those in a bun or muffin pan now.

http://satisfyingeats.com/breads/cheesy-cheese-garlic-biscuits/

(AnnaLeeThal) #5

I got impatient with adding the bacon grease.

(Lauren Malhoit) #6

I totally failed at making a cheese dip. I figured, just put some good cheeses together and melt it. There was a bit more to it, but something was totally off… And I haven’t met a cheese I don’t like before.

(Scott Shillady) #7

Just use bacon nectar(what some people call grease) instead of another oil. bits of bacon mixed into the finished product would probably be a nice touch

(Newimprovedme ) #8

My first attempt at blue cheese dressing tasted kind of funny because I used unrefined coconut oil in the homemade mayo that was in it. It turns out that I don’t like the coconut taste in savory foods…only in sweet foods.

(Ross Daniel) #9

Made some keto bread…I did everything right, but forgot to add the butter and I added wayyy too much nutritional yeast. Baked it, and then let it cool a bit. Cut a slice. Took a bite…yeah:

(I like to post memes!) #10

I followed a recipe exactly for avocado brownies. They were disgusting!!!