KETO rash

(Jeanne Wagner) #21

Oooh yes Oregano Oil. I get Young Living Essential Oils. I’ll have to add it to my next order. Yay.

(Stacy Blanchard) #22

I read fish oil supplements are supposed to help. My daughter has the rash and nothing seems to help. I got the fish oil, next I’m going to Trader Joe’s; I’m hoping between the two it will clear up. She doesn’t seem to be bothered by it and it is hidden by clothes but it would be nice to get rid of it all together.

(De Anna) #23

Megan Ramos said on a podcast that the rash is a fungus, and that a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar applied to the rash should help. Also, slightly increasing carb consumption with 1 cup of berries per day could help. I am delighted to say that I have had a cup of berries nearly every day and have not had the rash appear at all since my last post. I am particularly happy eating berries! LOL!

**sdepp**, a lean petite female doing keto for non-weight issues/optimal-health.. HELP PLEASE!
(Stacy Blanchard) #24

Good to know. I would love to clear it up through diet.

(Frances Reyna) #25

How do you do the tea tree oil solution and apple cider vinegar? Pls help me. I got itchy red bumps on my face and behind my left ear.

Just my n=1 here, I had pretty bad rashes when I started keto 2 months ago and it flared up 3-4 times afterwards. It is under control now, the things I found are triggering for me:
fish, especially with skin; processed meats such as bacon; cocoa and chocolate and all that…

Things helped:
higher amounts of green veggies; berries as @DeAnna said; just in general “clean” carbs.

I know how painful this can be, hope everyone with keto rash find their way out and stay in ketosis! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Rafe) #27

I get the keto rash on my forehead when I do heavy excersises while fasted. I am not sure if it is fungal or just irritation, but I know my sweat changes when fasting (smell and feel). I assume it is higher in acetone (same as my breathe in heavy ketosis). I can usually manage the rash through an oatmeal lotion after getting out of the sauna.

(Consensus is Politics) #28

That looks just like a contact dermatitis. I’ve gotten that from things like pets that have rummaged through the weeds, to rummaging through the weeds my self.

I currently get that from my dog anytime we rough house. Anytime he rubs up against my arms within minutes I’m super itchy. Feels just like fiberglass on the skin.

As far as I know I’ve skipped Keto rash completely. Looks awfully uncomfortable, my condolences.

Have you tried T-Gel shampoo on it? It contains coal tar. I use it on my contact dermatitis from the dog and it’s near instant relief.

(Fernando Urias) #29

Minute 23:30 has the apple cider vinegar and berries protocol.