Keto/Primitive/Paleo Diet, I lost 70lbs in 50 days

I decided to finally join and begin to share my story. To date I’ve lost 70lbs in 50 days, 220 to 150 employing keto, primitive, and Paleo Diet. Lots of fasting and spacing time between eating fatty and high protein meats. I’ll share more of my ongoing story later.

(Laurie) #2

The difference is amazing. Thank you for posting.

And welcome!

(Susan) #3

Welcome to the forum @ketoloss =).

You have done really great with losing 70 pounds and there is a big difference. We will look forward to hearing your story when you post it. Congrats!

(Robin) #4

Look at you!!! How wonderful to feel so good about yourself that you are sharing a photo! You may lose a lot with Keto, but you gain a TON of self esteem back. Good for you!

Back in Mid August I woke up feeling horrible, so I tested my blood sugar and it was 400. I made a decision right then that I will lose this weight. For about two weeks i prepped myself to water fast for however long i could go. I started to eat smaller portions each day and then changed to healthier foods by end of the second week. I started my water fast on September 1 and did it through Sept 9. I lost about 15lbs and during my fast I studied my Bible and researched best diets. I realized that I would need to jump to eating a Daniel Fast consisting only healthy veggies and nuts. No fruit, no meat. I lost bulk of my weight doing that, which I lost 30lbs less than 3 weeks. My energy was getting low and felt like flu. Someone mentioned that I may be in ketosis and that I need to research Keto diet. In my research I had a lot of body fat and really didn’t make sense for me to eat fatty meats if my body was already using fat as fuel. So I added fish and seafood and ensured that I did 0 carbs as much as possible, even though I didn’t stress it too much. Then little over two weeks ago I started to allow red meat, eggs and chicken but I spread out three days between eating meat (seafood/fish I allow myself to eat consecutive days). My energy has jumped into high gear as soon as I started to eat meat. This is where the Primitive diet kicks in, however. I’d go a day fast, second day I’d eat all veggies (or continue fast if I felt good) and then the third day I’d eat small amount of meat. So far I’ve had red meat just 2x and chicken/eggs 3x. Since doing this my ketones have been ridiculously high. My test strips consistently range 80-160. My weight loss has slowed some, so recently I’ve added a keto electrolyte and Keyto protein drink. Both have reduced my hunger by a lot and I maintain excellent results so far. I may be able to fast long periods again as it has been a struggle to fast for more than day. I was able to fast this past weekend, Friday through this Monday morning. I’m expecting these to added components will greatly help me.

I don’t exercise other than what I do in my job delivering stuff. I tried exercise and weight lifting but I stopped it and decided to use exercise as only another component for when I Plateo again since I’m still losing lots of weight. I also maintain drinking at least 120oz of water and every couple weeks I do a colan cleanse with 8 capfuls of miralax in 12oz of aloe juice…

(Susan) #6

That is terrific. I congratulate you for your progress and figuring out a good plan that works for you =).

Wow! Fantastic, keep on keeping on!

(Butter Withaspoon) #8

You look so different already in the second photo, such a big change.
Thanks for sharing such an inspiring progress report!

I’ve learned to make one adjustment at a time. Our bodies will adapt quickly to changes and could slow progress. Ifi get to where I’ve lost less than 3lvs in a week I change things up. Couple more before and after. this after photo is before truly starting keto.