Keto presents

(kimberlynwebb) #21

I got some sf candy, meat sticks and cheese. Yum!

Oh yes. Cold brew is the way to go in the summer. I just soak overnight in a French press.

(AnnaLeeThal) #23

I make a big gallon batch. I use the recipe from Pioneer Woman.

(Jessica K) #24

That coffee maker looks interesting! I’m off to google!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #25

One of my presents (from my 10yo) was a 3-pack of Lilys low-carb chocolate bars.

I love that even though my wife and kids aren’t 100% keto, he clearly gets it, and knows what’s good for dad. :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #26

Keto slippers!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #27

Lovely! Did you research brands? Willing to share if yes? This was on my wish list, my Mother-in-Law gave us all $$, so I’m waiting for a sale and I’ll have one!

A sous vide! got myself one for Christmas and used it for the first time…truly the best steak I’ve ever had.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #29

Well now I need to research something new! Cold brew, do you prefer it cold or hot after brewing? Does the hot taste the same?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #30

Good golly, read the “bowel clearing” as “bowl cleaning” and wondered why someone would give you toilet scrubbing bubbles for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::smile:

(gooeykablooey) #31

My hubby let me order an Instant Pot for christmas right after thanksgiving, other than that everything was non kitchen related unless you count the Harry Potter drinking tumbler set :smiley: which will be used to purvey keto beverages to my face

(Tracy Mason) #32

I got a new Schwinn mountain bike! Does that count? Lol

I have multiple coffee gadgets : presses, cheap pour-overs, little Italian espresso things. … I watched some YouTube’s comparing different methods. Aeropress fits my “lazy” approach.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #34

I live for my AeroPress…

(AnnaLeeThal) #35

Yes. This for dayyysssss.

(mindhunter88) #36

Santa gets me!!!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #37

OMG, @carolT comment on fits the lazy approach and this monkey pic on coffee hitting the soul… AeroPress here I come!

(george.dowker) #38

I use a “Toddy”, makes a pound of coffee at a time. Starbucks an other coffee shops use a commercial version, exactly the same only bigger.

Damn girl! Santa hooked you up!

I received that cookbook as a gift too and it looks good!

(Julie Anderson) #40

I make cold brew coffee in an 8 quart stainless steel soup pot. I put 12 ounces of coarse ground coffee in the pot and then fill with filtered water. I let it sit overnight and then pour through a fine mesh strainer lined with a muslin cloth. I use the grounds as mulch in my garden. :slight_smile: I end up with three 1/2 gallon Mason Jars full of coffee.

I store this in the refrigerator. It lasts me about a week. I have it both cold and hot. When I want it hot, I put two cups into a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup with 2 TBS of butter and microwave for 6 minutes. I add Brain Octane and whip right in the cup with my immersion blender.

I find the coffee to be less bitter when made this way. It’s also less expensive than buying a bottle of cold brew coffee at the store.

Julie