Keto people in France

(Ronald Weaver) #1

Anybody on here in France ? Pretty easy to eat keto here, but there are a few questions I’d like to put to a French keto freak…like what do you do with Rillons ?

(bulkbiker) #2

@Daisy is a France dweller…

(Ronald Weaver) #3

I thought she’d moved back to the Untied Kingdom ?

Still in France :slight_smile: The long-term plan is to move back to the UK but lord only knows when that will happen!

I have never heard of rillons TBH but after looking them up on Google - holy shitballs, I want to try them!

A French food consisting of small to medium sized cubes of high quality pork (typically from a pork belly) that have been slowly cooked in a covered pot to become candied.

Whereabouts in France are you @Ronald_Weaver?

(Ronald Weaver) #5

Hi Daisy,

We’re in the good bit…west of France just south of the Loire.

I’ve only recently noticed Rillons in the Supermarche and when I asked what you did with them, I was told “You eat them !” But the girl seemed to be kind of disgusted with them as if it was something she’d never ever eat herself…

So, as yet I still don’t know. Kind of looks like pork scratchings to the power 3 i.e. cubed !

Have you come across a form of pork scratching here ? I tried them but they’re soft and super chewy more like something you’d give a dog to play with. My mistake, you’re supposed to boil them up to create a base for making pates and stews and stuff.

Regards.

No I have never seen those either. I have got pig skin free from the butcher and made my own though :slight_smile:

You are a bit higher than me then - I am about halfway between Limoges and Toulouse. I drove all the way up to Blois a while back to pick up Ammi - my rescue lurcher - and it took me 12 hours and 2 speeding fines!

(Ronald Weaver) #7

Daisy
Admin

November 27

No I have never seen those either. I have got pig skin free from the butcher and made my own though :slight_smile:

You are a bit higher than me then - I am about halfway between Limoges and Toulouse. I drove all the way up to Blois a while back to pick up Ammi - my rescue lurcher - and it took me 12 hours and 2 speeding fines!