Keto Olympics!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

Butter Sculpting

Participants are judged on style, detail, and the speed at which they can eat the butter afterwards.

Freezer Tetris (Inspired by Brenda)

Participants are given a shopping cart of meat products and must fit it all into a standard household freezer in less than five minutes.

The Big Bacon Fry

Like butter sculpting, but saltier and crunchier.

Oopsie Roll Toss

3 Oopsie rolls are flung as discus into hungry teammate’s mouth at ten yards. No hands allowed. Oopsie roll must be completely consumed to qualify. Deductions for any fallen morsels larger than 1 centimeter in diameter.

Body Mass Event

Participants must evaluate body fat percentage, lean mass, and age by sight alone in five Olympians picked at random from three separate events. Bonus points will be assigned if their current blood ketones can be identified to the nearest 0.5 millimolar.

The Running of the Pants

Ketoers who have lost over one hundred pounds don their old, oversized pants and run an obstacle course while holding them up. Regulation compression shorts or swim apparel MUST be worn underneath. Immediate disqualification for nekkidity, accidental or otherwise.

Main Event: Keto Marathon

For ten months, a ketoer minds their own business while a non-keto competitor eats the SAD diet, after which physicians descend upon both with sphygmomanometers and fat calipers. Loser eats keto for a year, everyone wins.

I would like to amend the rules to stipulate grass-fed butter. :smile:

I’m assuming since the rules don’t explicitly exclude butter, it is allowed in this event!

I would like humbly suggest allowing competitors to combine Butter Sculpting and Oopsie Roll Toss into a biathlon.

I would pay good money to watch a Butter Sculpting, Oopsie Roll Toss and The Running of the Pants triathlon. ROFL

(Stickin' with mammoth) #3

Butter will be provided by the Olympic host city and will be left to their discretion. Cities vying for future host status are wise to factor the quality of their butter into their submissions as location is decided by qualifying keto athlete majority vote. A photograph of happy cows is recommended but not mandatory.

As butter causes drag and interferes with proper grip, it is not allowed in the Oopsie Roll Toss. However, all butter and Oopsie rolls remaining at the conclusion of Olympic events are available to spectators and Olympians alike on a first come, first grab basis.

Your suggestion has been processed and accepted by the Olympic Committee with the proviso that they occur in the following order: Running of the Pants, Oopsie Roll Toss, then Butter Sculpting. Mostly because athletes run faster when they’re not full.

Might want to consider approaching the residents of Tytherington, South Gloucestershire, England for the first games since they appear to have some pretty happy cows!

… yeah right, these are keto Olympians, there will be no butter or rolls left over!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

And self-churning!

(eat more) #6

love the happy cows!

I would like to enter my “before” picture in the Freezer Tetris category. I’ll do an “after” picture on grocery shopping day.
I have a tiny RV fridge. Do I get points for degree of difficulty?

(Please ignore the mixed veges. THEY ARE NOT MINE!)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

OMG THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER

I will enter my freezer when I get home.
I. WILL. WIN.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

@carl @richard

I propose some type of silly event at KetoFest

We need a good laugh!!!

I am NOT joking. It’d be very popular.

And don’t make me do it. See if @Aqua_chonk is going…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

I propose photographs.

Mostly because there’s zero chance of me showing up in any of them.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

I want you to run the event, not be in it. We won’t need your photo. Lol

(Stickin' with mammoth) #12

Deductions for visible non-keto items apply, one point deducted per gram of carbs per serving. Recommended to shop for meat with properties of concealment in mind.

Can I stack the Kerrygold in front of them to neutralize, even though it’s technically not “meat”.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #14

It’s a keto item, it’s allowed.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #15

Wow, superb! Pamplona, Gloucestershire.

I was born & partly brought up in Gloucestershire…must be why I have butter and beef in my blood (not literally of course! That’s just a vegan rumour … ).

(Stickin' with mammoth) #16

They’re just jealous.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #17

What’s the chemical sign/diagram for ketones? I’m designing a Keto Olympics logo.

Will this do?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #19

Yeah, if that’s the official “ketone” everybody talks about in here. I found multiple things with “ketone” in the name online, so I wasn’t sure.

The logo of this site is ketone. The stick man with legs and no arms…