Keto not really working

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

IF a few days a week, 3 is good 4 better. When eating breakfast on the go try some of the egg muffin recipes, a nice assortment to get you going can be found here:

Eat as much as you want in your eating window.

Try drinking Brenda’s ketoade recipe to get in electrolytes, if you aren’t you will get the keto flu like symptoms.
KetoAide homemade.

I use an elcheapo breath monitor, ketostix never worked for me, even in deep ketosis, and I don’t do finger pricking. Lots of info about them here

I am postmenopausal, but I would still get bloated when I over did it with dairy or TOO MUCH fiber. It is my friend only up to a certain point, then it stops everything from moving but the unpleasant gases.

(jilliangordona) #22

Creeping on this after talking on the other post. So exciting upping calories worked!!

(Kel Ta) #23

Hi, I’d say nuts and dairy seem to be a problem for a lot of folks and esp. women in moving the weight. Many people find cutting those 2 out get things going. Also be aware of the ratio btw Polyunsaturated fatty acids (Omega 6/N-6) vs Omega 3, N-6 has been associated with causing the adipocytes (fat cells) to retain and distend with fat and resist the release of fat and the meats with naturally higher N 6 include chicken and pork, other meats such as fish, beef, lamb have sig less (even conventionally grown), this may be the issue with nuts as they are naturally rich in N 6 as well.

It wasn’t clear how long you actually practiced Keto? You may be in the process of adaptation which can take a long time esp. if you dieted a lot in your past.

Bloating can be related to too much fiber fermenting in the large intestine, or small intestine if you experience GERD or LPR, but it can also be caused by lactose in dairy products fermenting as well, lastly getting enough electrolytes and water can be helpful in keeping things moving. Of course checking with your physician is always a good practice to make sure something not diet related is not occurring.

IF works, but even during your eating window it is not beneficial to repeatedly stimulate Insulin by snacking, keeping it “pulsatile” by eating a couple meals within your eating window might be helpful.

(Olivia Bilocca) #24

Thanks so much for this. I was not aware of the ratio between Omega 6/3 issue. I do tend to eat more port as I thought it’s more fatty and thus helps me hit my fat macro easier.

I’ve been on Keto roughly 3 months now. Is this period still in the adaptation phase? How long does it take to adapt?

(Dan Dan) #25

It’s good idea to supplement Omega 3 :thinking:

(Dan Dan) #26

If you like youtube I like DR. Berg he explains it in a simple way (for a simple person like me) :smiley:

Here is a good macro calculator :smiley:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

So I know everyone is suggesting adjusting your calories and foods you are eating. But also, you could up your weekly activity. Doing yoga once a week may not be cutting it. And really all you have to do to burn body fat is go on a brisk walk for 30 minutes to an hour a day.

(Olivia Bilocca) #28

I love exercising and usually I do dynamic Yoga for 30 minutes 3 times a week early morning. However my toddler is going through a very clingy phase and he is waking up earlier thus screwing my session. I’m hoping he settles back soon as I can feel the difference in the exercise reduction. And it doesn’t feel good

(Olivia Bilocca) #29

Thank you. I love YouTube so definitely will check these out

(Jessica) #30

:laughing: My ‘baby’ is 6…I get it! :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

Got a huge laugh :rofl::joy::rofl: from this one, the way this is quoted it appears I have a 3 yr. old. At 68, that is not the case. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Michele) #32

Had to laugh at the second Dr Berg vid. “Other than that you are doing pretty good” lol! How could he say that with a straight face? Lolol!

(Jessica) #33

LOL - oops! I thought I made it to the OP’s post. You don’t want to chase a toddler at 68??? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dan Dan) #34

Try this :grin:

The Four Minute Workout is a new concept of exercise that revolves around the body’s ability to use Nitric Oxide for muscle growth. This is an efficient anaerobic workout that can be done multiple times per day. The more frequently you do it, the better your results.

I think you should run this by your doctor, just in case. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Candy Lind) #36

When cooking chicken or pork chops (all the lean stuff), one of my favorite ways to add fat is to add a schmear of mayo topped with a slice or sprinkle of cheddar, gouda, parmesan, whatever floats your boat. If the protein is already cooked, you can just nuke it with the mayo and cheese on top. Really good, simple, and fast.

(Dan Dan) #37

Sounds amazing will definitely do :grinning:

Thank You :wink:

(Candy Lind) #38

I actually got that idea from a “conventional” recipe for pork chops. You can fancy it up with some herbs on top and bake it in a hot oven and impress your company or SO. :smiley:

(Kel Ta) #39

I’d give yourself a lot more time to adapt- 6 mo to a year- but try altering diff things in your diet and find the right mix for you

(Mary Adams) #40

Thank you for this.