Keto not for everyone?

(Championsidewinder) #41

And the main reason am doing this diet is not for losing weight yet it will be the result, I am doing it because I have high blood pressure and I might be insulin resistant or pre diabetic so that’s why I’m still doing it and crying in my food as I eat wondering if this pure hell of a diet gets any better

You are way over complicating things. Just eat real food. Eat meat, vegetables and add some butter or other fat. All you really have to worry about is keeping carbs low. If you are hungry eat. If you aren’t hungry don’t eat. It doesn’t need to be complicated…it is really that simple @Chazzam has outlined a lot of great points. Just relax and eat real food. :slight_smile:

(Championsidewinder) #43

But it is to me because I need the right amount of sodium to potassium ratio because I have high blood pressure and the only way I can lower it is to have the right amount of the lowest carb food with highest potassium content and adding some potassium chloride I m not just some kid trying to lose weight with no medical issues, and with bph I pee more than you or the avg person, the first week or two everyone pees a lot but my pee won’t stop after 2 weeks, so I lose more electrolytes like sodium so I have to eat 6 to 8 grams a day and I keep track of everything including counting water bottles. Mostly I watch my carbs and protein for now, but still log EVERYTHING!

(Championsidewinder) #44

And I tried not keeping track of foods the first time I tried this diet then a friend said try an app and when I did I found out I was eating way to much protein and not enough fat, and nowhere near the amount of sodium I should be at :crazy_face:

(Championsidewinder) #45

And now I ate 4 eggs but I still need more fat and protein so just saying just eat ain’t right or you might not get enough of what you need such as protein or fat or whatever

(Championsidewinder) #46

And how much fat is in 4 tbs of butter? Well it’s different with every brand, how do you know if you are getting the right amount of anything if you don’t keep track, I feel like crap at times and I just look at my food log to see what I’m lacking

(Doug) #47

Enough to have a nice little snack before your main course which will have a lot more butter on it. :grin:

A bit more seriously, it’s about 48 grams or 1.7 ounces. It really doesn’t hardly vary at all among brands.

I tracked at first and lost my mind tracking macros and I was eating food just to hit arbitrary numbers in a program (app). Since I quit all that, I listen to my body and eat when I am hungry and what I feel hungry for. Tracking apps are a tool not a Bible. If you feel like tracking helps you, great…if it is cause of stress (as appears to be the case for you) just ditch it and eat real food.

Best of luck.

(Championsidewinder) #49

I still get keto flu symptoms now n then, if I don’t keep track I will never know what I’m lacking nor will you, but this is not like any other diet because I lose so much electrolytes from peeing some much and sweating, my body doesn’t tell me nothing I feel like crap and have to look back on my app to see what I need, just now I thought I had enough sodium but no, I was only at 2g but I need to be at double that to avoid feeling dizzy or getting headaches

(Natalia) #50

You could try taking an electrolyte pill. My partner and I take one every day on top of eating lots of veggies in lots of different colours. Keep adding salt to your food and maybe do a pinch of salt every hour on top of that.

I have also heard of people eating keto for several months and having trouble with it as well. They tried taking exogenous ketones and that has helped them get past keto flu. Maybe this is something that you could look into as well. You won’t have to do it long term – just long enough to get you into fat-adaptation.

(Championsidewinder) #51

Ok ty, I just realized I hit my limit of protein for the day and I haven’t eaten dinner yet that’s why the app is so helpful, eat less egg whites more yoke only then eat a pork chop at dinner next time :crazy_face:

(Championsidewinder) #52

One thing I don’t understand is ppl say eat more fat but what about the fat on my body, how can I burn my body fat when I’m eating fat lol

(Empress of the Unexpected) #53

Eat less fat and you will burn more fat. Fat is not a macro you have to hit every day.

(Doug) #54

Soounds like yesterday. :wink:

(Championsidewinder) #55

Well I don’t have any energy eating fat or no fat

(Championsidewinder) #56

So I’m not fat adapted or I would have this energy and alertness :man_shrugging:t2:Ppl talk about, but seems to be a myth, because it ain’t working for me, just wasting my time it seems

(Championsidewinder) #57

Funny how I hear everyone talking about how great of a diet it is, when it actually sucks in a lot of ways and ok in some, not sure if I will continue it very long, cause I’m sick of feeling like crap