Keto not for everyone?

(Championsidewinder) #30

Ya right I tried not tracking what I eat and I just ended up not eating enough protein or too much fat or not enough of something or whatever, I cannot do that, I need to make sure I’m getting everything I need like potassium and sodium and other stuff, just can’t go in blindly

(Championsidewinder) #31

I don’t test pee every day

(Championsidewinder) #32

And because I have bph I pee more often than other ppl, so I need more sodium more often and other electrolytes like potassium

(Championsidewinder) #33

And I got a kidney stone years ago from taking calcium, and I’m lactose intolerant but I need calcium so I eat some cheese

(Championsidewinder) #34

(Charlotte) #35

I mean, I’ve been doing keto the way I described for over 6 months and it’s going well. To make sure you’re getting enough potassium and sodium, you can make ketoaide very inexpensively (I flavor mine with lime juice and a bit of stevia and drink 2 of them each day) and take a good multivitamin and that should do it. Don’t worry about eating the “right” amounts of protein and fat, just pay attention to how you feel. Some days I eat more protein/fat, some days less, but it’ll generally even out over the course of the week. If you’re not getting enough of something, your body will likely crave what it needs.

But what works for me may not work for you, of course. If you feel strongly that simplified keto is just “going in blindly,” but you find tracking frustrating to the point that you’re “pulling your hair out”, then…I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not really sure what a good third option might be, other than trying something other than keto that might be less frustrating and more sustainable for you.

(Championsidewinder) #36

The whole reason for me coming on this site and using an tracking app is because my friend bob told me not to keep track of food I ate and just eat, but that didn’t work I just ended up more frustrated trying figure out why I get keto flu through out the whole 10 weeks on keto, if I don’t get 8g of sodium a day I get dizzy and get a headache

(Empress of the Unexpected) #37

I eat broccoli and also a salad of leafy greens and spinach. The spinach takes care of the leg cramps.

(Championsidewinder) #38

Now I’m out of chicken broth need to go buy more, 1600 mg per serving and this is the most costly diet ever, I only eat organic no toxic gmo

(Championsidewinder) #39

I found that cauliflower is best, low sugar high potassium

(Championsidewinder) #40

But it’s nearly impossible to hit 4700mg of potassium and stay under 20 net grams of carbs per day

(Championsidewinder) #41

And the main reason am doing this diet is not for losing weight yet it will be the result, I am doing it because I have high blood pressure and I might be insulin resistant or pre diabetic so that’s why I’m still doing it and crying in my food as I eat wondering if this pure hell of a diet gets any better

You are way over complicating things. Just eat real food. Eat meat, vegetables and add some butter or other fat. All you really have to worry about is keeping carbs low. If you are hungry eat. If you aren’t hungry don’t eat. It doesn’t need to be complicated…it is really that simple @Chazzam has outlined a lot of great points. Just relax and eat real food. :slight_smile:

(Championsidewinder) #43

But it is to me because I need the right amount of sodium to potassium ratio because I have high blood pressure and the only way I can lower it is to have the right amount of the lowest carb food with highest potassium content and adding some potassium chloride I m not just some kid trying to lose weight with no medical issues, and with bph I pee more than you or the avg person, the first week or two everyone pees a lot but my pee won’t stop after 2 weeks, so I lose more electrolytes like sodium so I have to eat 6 to 8 grams a day and I keep track of everything including counting water bottles. Mostly I watch my carbs and protein for now, but still log EVERYTHING!

(Championsidewinder) #44

And I tried not keeping track of foods the first time I tried this diet then a friend said try an app and when I did I found out I was eating way to much protein and not enough fat, and nowhere near the amount of sodium I should be at :crazy_face:

(Championsidewinder) #45

And now I ate 4 eggs but I still need more fat and protein so just saying just eat ain’t right or you might not get enough of what you need such as protein or fat or whatever

(Championsidewinder) #46

And how much fat is in 4 tbs of butter? Well it’s different with every brand, how do you know if you are getting the right amount of anything if you don’t keep track, I feel like crap at times and I just look at my food log to see what I’m lacking

(Doug) #47

Enough to have a nice little snack before your main course which will have a lot more butter on it. :grin:

A bit more seriously, it’s about 48 grams or 1.7 ounces. It really doesn’t hardly vary at all among brands.

I tracked at first and lost my mind tracking macros and I was eating food just to hit arbitrary numbers in a program (app). Since I quit all that, I listen to my body and eat when I am hungry and what I feel hungry for. Tracking apps are a tool not a Bible. If you feel like tracking helps you, great…if it is cause of stress (as appears to be the case for you) just ditch it and eat real food.

Best of luck.

(Championsidewinder) #49

I still get keto flu symptoms now n then, if I don’t keep track I will never know what I’m lacking nor will you, but this is not like any other diet because I lose so much electrolytes from peeing some much and sweating, my body doesn’t tell me nothing I feel like crap and have to look back on my app to see what I need, just now I thought I had enough sodium but no, I was only at 2g but I need to be at double that to avoid feeling dizzy or getting headaches