Keto Mojo “Hi” reading

Has anyone gotten this? I’m 5 days into a fast. Ketones were 5.0 mmol/L a day ago.

(Diane) #2

Nope. The highest I’ve ever seen was 6.7 on the sixth day of an EF.

Edit: This made me curious, went to the user’s manual on the KetoMojo website, page 30. The “hi” indicates your ketones were above 8.0 mmol/L.

If it were me, I might repeat the test just to see if this were replicated. Not out of concern, just curiosity.

(Lonnie Hedley) #3

I was also curious even though I don’t test.

(Candy Lind) #4

It’s not anything to worry about unless you’re BG is through the roof, too. You’re not being very efficient with the ketones, but I bet you feel good. :blush:

(Doug) #5

Mike, did you say “Hi” back?

(Diane) #6

And I bet you’re burning fat like crazy Mike!

6.9 mmol/L this morning, so back in the readable range. Thanks everyone.

I have just gotten the “Hi” reading and knew from the manual it meant something above 8.0. I am about 65 hrs into a fast and got a BG reading of 66, so I am not concerned. Assuming only 8.1 ketones, this gives me a Glucose-Ketone Index of .45 – which is nicely within Dr. Seyfried’s “therapeutic zone.”

I had this happen just once during last month’s fast, but it was only about 36 hours in, with ketones settling down into the high 5’s and low 6’s for the remainder of the fast. I theorize that maybe once fat burning goes into hyperdrive maybe fewer ketones are needed. I started that fast already in mid 3s-range ketosis, while I think I was in the .5-1 ketone range when I began this fast,-- which may explain why it took another day to hit the Hi range and the therapeutic GKI.

I am doing monthly 3.5 day (90-94 hrs) fasts as a proactive health measure and do IF with keto macros the rest of the time.

(Jarod King) #9

I got “Hi” yesterday and today. Yesterday I repeated the test and it came in at 7.1. Today, I tried 4 strips and kept getting “Hi”. I’m 6 days into a water-fast, so I am assuming I am over 8.0 at this point, with a Blood Glucose (BG) of 71…would be nice if their strips supported fasting. Also, their “Ketone Graph/Scale” is misleading, because it says you are in Ketoacidosis at 10+, but that is only true if you have high BG. So assuming I am at 8.0, I have a pretty stellar GKI of 0.49!