Keto Mojo did not take up the blood well (picture of strip)...?

(Bansaw) #1

I just got the Keto Mojo.
First few attempts did not take up the blood very well at all, got ERR code just after a few seconds. Very quickly this gives you an error code.

I did register the batch strip dongle a few days ago, so it should have remembered the strips batch right, or do you have to register the dongle everytime you do a blood draw?
I pricked the side of my finger, very little blood, then the ball of my finger, again not enough blood. Had to run my hands under hot water then got enough.

But the blood went only a little of the way up and stopped.

I might send it back. Too inconvenient, not reliable, and I hear that long term Keto people dont use it anyway, and readings may become more inaccurate the more we adapt and go on.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Did you try it with a new strip? It could have been a bad strip.
Also, the blood strips stay pretty accurate over time.

(John) #3

Did you watch all the instruction videos? I have found measuring blood glucose and ketones to be a great help. I have a lot of fruit trees and it’s nice to know an apricot or half a plum won’t kick me out of ketosis. Also a bowl of watermelon on a hot day is wonderful. Knowing these things has allowed me to stay the course on a ketogenic diet.

I think testing ketones/glucose does have limitations but it is wonderful technology that is fast and accurate and provides useful data if you can figure out how to interpret it. Also do agree that it’s probably less useful for me long term as I figure out what foods I should and shouldn’t eat.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

No, just with each new batch. I don’t use the Keto Mojo, but I do use the PrecisionXtra. I’ve rarely had an issue like yours, and I’ve been testing for over a year!

(Khara) #5

It sort of looks to me like you are dipping the entire end of the test strip or maybe even smearing it in the blood? You should not have so much blood smeared all over the end of the strip. Just barely touch the center of the strip to the drop of blood and let it suck it up. I usually stabilize my hand on a table so my finger isn’t shaking and stays still while the drop is sucked in. I have a keto mojo and feel it’s reliable and don’t have trouble with the strips.

(Joey) #6

I’ll second everything Khara shared above. Steady your hand, perhaps by extending a finger or two from the hand holding the Mojo to somewhere against the other hand with the blood droplet … and just barely touch the outer tip of the test strip “runway” to top edge of your blood droplet. It “sucks” it up my capillary action.

I’m 100% satisfied with the Mojo, but it took a few tries to discover the best way for me to get a good reading. All of that initial effort reflected user error on my part. Watch those videos @ mojo website.

The amount of blood smeared as seen in your pics suggests that you are likely getting sufficient blood from your finger for proper testing. But then I suspect you’re immersing the test strip edge too far into the blood droplet, giving it a blood bath [see what I did there?] :wink:

Please let us know if you get better results going forward.