Keto meal portions! Kindly answer fast as I'm hungry LOL

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #1

I just started Keto on the 8th of September
I’m not so good at measuring my portions, I rely on Carb Manager but problem is if I’m out at a restaurant I can’t really weigh my food and where I am at the moment, most of the restaurants aren’t honest about anything

My Carb Manager said I should have
30g Carbs (that I usually don’t get I do 20g)
86g Fats
77g Protien

I have two quick questions not about one meal, but General quantities for the whole day.

Question 1:
How many pieces shall I eat from these ribs? And shall I remove the fats or keep it.
Its barbecued with keto approved ingredients
IMG_0454

Question 2: is Tahini (sesame paste) Keto friendly?

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #2

Eat them all. Every bite. Keep the fat. Enjoy it.

As far as the paste, I wouldn’t say it’s keto unfriendly. There’s no sugars added, and it seems to be relatively low carb once you subtract the fiber.

(Crippie) #3

Eat as much as you want. In first few weeks, just eat all the fat you want. Helps ease you into fat adaptation. Over time you will find your portions get smaller and you eat less often as you become more aware of your leptin signals telling you that you are full.

Just remember to keep the carbs out of your diet.

As for the paste I have no idea on that, sorry.

I have used tahini before, I think it is fine on keto, just make sure the jar of tahini reads , sesame seeds and salt for the ingredients.

(Mark Rhodes) #5

86g of fat for 77 g of protein? Keep the protein where it is and double your fat as said above, your journey will be much easier.

(migorstmarseille) #6

Of all the nut butters, Tahini seems the lowest carb that I’ve encountered. I don’t eat it anymore, but when I made tubs of hummus, I used it and would occasionally eat a spoonful or three.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

That’s what makes keto such a lovely diet: all the fat you can eat. Satiety is not a thing that used to happen to me when I was carbo-loaded. Now I know I’m satiated when even the thought of bacon has no appeal, lol! Can’t believe I’m down almost 50 pounds over the last six months, without exercising or cutting calories. It’s amazing! (Still a long way to go, but now I’m believing I might actually get there.)

(Jeremy Storie) #8

Eat them all, then ask for more. Do not trim the fat. Ask for the fattiest ones they have :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Some companies do add stuff to the tahini, like sugar to make it taste better. So watch out for those added carbs for sure.

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #10

@katiea I ate them all already and surely enjoyed the meal to The MAX.
I seriously cant believe this is a method of loosing weight.

The Tahini (Sesame Seeds Paste) has no added sugar in it, just oil, white vinegar and spices, is it still unfriendly??

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #11

Are you all so serious about me eating as much as I want???

I am so scared i will gain and not loose

do you mean i can really enjoy a fatty, buttery, cheesy meal?

Like add all the forbidden ingredients on any normal diet?

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #12

I do it at home :slight_smile:
Its like the raw paste and i add, oil, vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper, and pinch of garlic

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #13

I said I WOULDN’T say it was unfriendly. My assumption is it’s fine.

Yes, that is exactly what we are saying. Stay around 20 net g carbs, moderate protein, fat to satiety.

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #14

When i added my weight and height to the Carb Manager app it automatically adjusted these ratios or macros for me:

Bare in mind i am doing this on my own, no doctors, no friends even heard about it, and everyone where i live think i am crazy, eating all that fat and expecting to loose weight.

So how much exactly shall i eat in grams?

If that will help you,
I am 80kg, Height 162cm total body fats, I have no clue, but I assume a good 40%
:see_no_evil:

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #15

Is hummus Keto friendly?
I thought it wasn’t

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Try the calculator in this thread:

Also as you lose, 10 or so lbs, you will need to recalculate since you can’t just set it and forget it.

I would be careful with hummus. Chick peas do have carbs. Normally a serving of hummus is two tablespoons. Don’t go wild with it if you are trying to stay under twenty grams of carbs.

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #18

@PaulL What 50lbs in 6 months and I double the fats

I must admit that from these forums, I am already in love with Keto.
Because i hate eating grilled food with no oil, butter or a nice melted cheese on top.
it seems like a perfect diet, because it was made for my personality. Of course my real personality is by adding the carbs, but I managed to easily get over it, because of the fats i’m eating.

Now since everyone is asking me to eat as much as i want, I would like you to explain to me, as if you are explaining to a complete idiot, how much in total shall i eat from the following:

Assuming that i decided to breakfast and dinner and want to have only lunch, and would like my lunch to be the following:

Bun length Hot dogs, Cheddar Cheese, Eggs, Butter to fry of course, some lettuce, and Mayo

Don’t tell me in grams, remember i said explain like you are explaining to an idiot.
Tell me how many hot dogs, how many cheese slices, how many eggs and table spoons of butter and mayo, shall i have for a whole keto day.

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #19

@jeremystorie This is heaven to me LOL

(Haidy Makram Ebeid) #20

@collaroygal That was wise of you to tell me, to re-edit when i start loosing, because i was going to carry on with the same