Keto Is This Easy

(Susan) #47

That is the only one I have used, I have been doing Keto for over a year, and I use the free version, and it works great for me. I love FREE as I am on a very tight budget =).

(UsedToBeT2D) #48

I have Carb Manager. Like it.

(J) #49

Dear Gingersmommy, I hope you don’t mind that I bookmark your comment. I am gathering imformation on how to eat keto properly, to try different things to see what works! Everyone is sharing their experiences here, so inspiring! Have a good day :):smile:

(Marianne) #50

Please do - whatever you find helpful to you.

Good luck on your journey!

(Shannon) #53

This post was so helpful. Thank you. I’m so glad to have found this forum. I’ve been educating myself as much as possible, mostly with Dr. Ekberg videos, but I find myself over thinking it,. I only started four days ago, so just a keto baby, but I absolutely plan to make this a long term lifestyle change, most likely for life as far as I can tell, and so I want to get it right while also doing it in a way that is easy to stick with. Anyway, thank you for laying out the basics and letting me know it doesn’t have to be complicated.

(Bacon by any other name would taste just as great.) #54

Welcome to the forums, and good luck on your keto journey!

(Susan) #55

Welcome to the forum; Shannon =)! Please feel free to make an introductory post so more forum members see you and can welcome you here as well. Also -if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Best wishes in your Keto adventures =).

(Shannon) #56

Thank you, Susan. :slight_smile:

(Joe) #57

I’m 6ft2 275 lbs I’ve been logging everything I eat on a carb manager, which is really helpfull.
My question falls for concern. For ex. the past few days I’ve done well with low calorie 1592g carbs 22g but my fat is always lower than my protein
Fat 88g protein 144g. Is this bad for keto when this happens, will I go into ketosis.

(Bacon by any other name would taste just as great.) #58

You will go into ketosis as long as you keep your carb intake low. We recommend an upper limit of 20 g/day, because that works for everyone but people who are severely insulin-resistant. In terms of calories you are still getting more fat than protein, because 88 g of fat is 792 calories, but 144 g of protein is only 576 calories. Fat contains approximately 9 cal/g, whereas protein contains approximately 4 cal/g.

(Joe) #59

Thanks

(Marianne) #60

For a someone your height, I think 1600 calorie is low. If this occurs naturally from time to time and you feel satiated with your meals, that is fine. I wouldn’t make a point, however, of counting calories and keeping them that low. You want a way of eating that is sustainable to you for the long run.

Keto isn’t about calories in/calories out, although some here would argue that. When I first started, I put more stock in getting close to my fat and protein macros, as a guide, than I did on calories. High fat foods are usually calorie dense, however, that seems to be a low impact. The key is to keep your carbs under 20g/day and less if you can.