Keto ice cream 🍦

recipes

(Amy Ramadan) #1

(Diana ) #2

Is the sugar free jello amount a whole package? .44oz is not much, and I haven’t used sugar free jello, so I don’t know how it is packaged. Are you supposed to freeze it or just eat it chilled?

Not “carb free”.

The cup and a half of heavy cream will be about 10 net carbs. I’ll assume the sugar free Jello refers to gelatin and not their pudding mix. Both do have carbs, but the pudding mix has a lot. Both gelatin and corn starch do have carbs. Corn starch is more than 90% carb.

This sounds great, but I stopped using sugar free Jello a while back due to it containing maltodextrin (causes blood sugar spikes even more than sugar).

You can find lots of info on it online, but this has a good summary of the problems with maltodextrin.

On a positive note, there are lots of easy keto ice cream recipes online; some have unflavored gelatin in them, which can be very healthy (I keep a good quality beef gelatin on hand). I make ice cream with just cream, erythritol and whatever flavors I’m in the mood for. As another poster mentioned, not zero carb, though.

(Amy Ramadan) #6

Haven’t tried this one, just thought I would post and see what ppl thought about it!! Have yet to try any of the keto ice cream recipes, but hope to do so soon!!

(Cynthia Anderson) #7

I like to just eat frozen cool whip.