Keto ice cream bars have you guys heard of this?

(Karla Sykes) #1

Have you guys ever heard of this? I know it’s located at Costco but so far that’s the only location I know of

(Troy) #2

Thanks for sharing

All about reading labels No matter what
Ymmv

(Karla Sykes) #3

So is this keto approved

(Troy) #4

Does not look too bad

11g Carbs
7g sugar alcohols

Plus some other added ingredients

If it all fits within your macros
Give it a taste :smile:

(Troy) #5

Yummy Though
Not for me, I would eat 4 bars in one sitting
I’ll pass for now …graciously :sweat:

They also have mint chip and peanut butter!

$8.49 for 4 on website
Not sure of Costco price

I am drooling…

I know I’ll eat the box, but I’m gonna grab one next Costco trip!

(Jeff S) #8

Chicory Root Fiber :-1:

Why? You have a problem with it specifically? Or Fiber-phobic?

(Joey) #10

11 grams of carbs would sure be an awful lot for me to consume for a single snack. Perhaps that’s just me.

(Jeff S) #11

I have a problem with chicory fiber at least. I triangulated this via trials with various keto ice cream and bar products. Chicory causes me gaseous boating and discomfort and rancid … emissions. I don’t have similar problems with broccoli or cauliflower, which also have fiber. YMMV.

I just know that for me, if it contains chicory - I avoid avoid it - even when it is in such tempting products.

Gotcha, that’s legit. I’m starting to get that way with Erythritol it seems. “emissions” is an understatement.

(Jeff S) #13

Xylitol is another ingredient I avoid for these reasons

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

@Backspin Give Maltitol a try. :grin:

BEST thing in the world for keto ice cream though! That one definitely took some getting used to. We all know how that one can… backfire???

(Karla Sykes) #16

I tried to make keto ice cream from Kroger’s for $3.49 and I swear it taste like regular ice cream. They did a way better job than some of those name brand keto ice cream. It was so creamy I swear it was like real ice cream I had to keep double checking the carton to make sure. I let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes and it got super creamy and then I sat down and ate it. I ate half a pint and I’m going to eat the other half on Saturday . I got the one that was eight carbs per net pintScreenshot_20200503-214935_Chrome

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #17

I combined your new keto ice cream thread with your ice cream bar thread, Karla.

(Jane Srygley) #18

LOL my partner and I were visiting Chicoteague and I picked up some sugar free fudge sweetened with Maltitol. Our joke is I got ass fatigue in Chincoteague :rofl:

I’m sure you know this David but maltitol has the same glycemic index as sugar for anyone who doesn’t know that already.

(Jane Srygley) #19

The biggest issue for any of this stuff is the tendency to overeat it. I also think that chicory fiber and other oligosaccerides are not so innocent in terms of blood glucose, but I can’t confirm that. I find my cravings go sky high whenever I eat them.

All that being said, I eat Rebel or Halotop Keto every weekend, but I do avoid it during the week. Also, I haven’t lost weight in awhile, so take that into consideration :smile:

(Allie) #20

@Backspin I have to avoid inulin for the same reason, my body just cannot tolerate it at all.