Keto friendly wines

(Chad Hester) #1

I want to start drinking a glass of wine a night. I’ve never been a wine drinker but would like to reap the health benefits. I’m looking for brand names and nothing too expensive. If nothing is available, no big deal. I can do without it. Just wanted to try it out if it’s possible on Keto.

I can’t name any brands off hand however a good guide is the higher the abv the lower the residual sugars also as a result the wine is drier.

Either red, white or rose are suitable just make sure its a dry style!

(Mandy) #3

I started using the LCBO website and phone app after hearing Megan Ramos on The Obesity Code say she used it quite a bit.

http://www.lcbo.com

Apparently in Canada, they put the sugar content on the label! What a novel concept. At any rate, I find this really helpful. I am a red drinker, mainly cabernet. My preferred brand is Josh Cellars. This is a sample of what the site tells me:

750 mL bottle
Alcohol/Vol13.5%
Made in:California, USA
By:Wj Deutsch & Sons Ltd
Sugar Content:8 g/L
Sweetness Descriptor:D - Dry
Style:Full-bodied & SmoothVarietal:Cabernet Sauvignon

You want to find one with as little sugar as possible. I’m not sure that 8g/L is really one of the best but it doesnt seem to affect me negatively as far as ketosis goes but YMMV.

Not very specific, but I know a rule of thumb is that most red wines are about 5 carbs per glass (5 oz) roughly which is typically lower than whites.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

Here is an alcohol cheat sheet, white wine typically has less carbs than red.

(Jan) #6

I like wine, but I’m not an expert. (This will prove it). I like the Pinot noir from Costco - Woodbridge from Robert Mondavi. I get a 1.5 liter bottle for about $9. Does not mess with my bg. Right now I have Costco brand (Kirkland) chardonnay, which us also pretty good, and my bg is happy with this one as well.

(Sommer Strickland) #7

look up ruled me alcohol. It gives everything. I think someone posted part of it above.

(Chad Hester) #8

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.