Keto friendly drinks?

(D) #1

I’m trying to not get bored with water. Are the following ok?
Water with lemon, mint, cucumber and ginger. I usually make a big jug and let it “marinate” over night.
Red rose dessert teas. These are delish and I used them to kick a sweet craving at night. The blueberry muffin is my fave. They’re sweetened with stevia no carbs no sugar but wasn’t sure about teas.
Fresh squeezed lemon, with water and stevia. Basically “keto lemonade” but I thought I saw lemons have some carbs?? Thanks all for helping a newbie :slight_smile:

Similar question

(D) #3

The above are my normal drinks. I’m just not sure what’s keto friendly. I’ve never been big on sodas, or juices etc but wasn’t sure about the lemon part. I’ve heard both yay and nay to lemons. :woman_shrugging:

Lemons do have carbs so just take that in account when you add them to your water.

(the cheater) #5

My go-to is diet soda. It doesn’t affect me negatively (the fake sugars, I mean) and there are tons of flavors, though I usually stick to Diet Sam’s or Diet Pepsi.

PowerAde Zero is pretty good.

I also like tea; hot or cold, unsweetened or sweetened with a low/no carb sweetener.

Stuff like La Croix is decent to, if you want the fizzies, flavor, but no calories or even sweetener. Dasani/Aquafina make lightly falvored water, too.

Lots of options!

(Amy Ramadan) #6

All the drinks you have listed sound good to me!! I usually drink coffee with sugar free French vanilla creamer, infused waters like you mentioned and occasionally clear American ice carbonated drinks. Unsweetened tea is a great option as well!

(Amy Ramadan) #7

(John) #8

I happen to love black coffee, black tea, green tea, and even straight water, so this works out well for me. I don’t drink nut milks.

At home I will use either 1/2 a lemon or 1/2 a lime, and squeeze it (by hand - I am sure there is a better way) into a 2-liter jug, then fill with water and ice and put in the fridge

It lasts me a day or two. I used to do the “infused” thing where you just drop lemon slices in there but I like it better with just some fresh squeezed juice. Yes, there are carbs, but not too much- 1/4 of a lemon’s juice a day isn’t going to kick me out of ketosis.

I did cucumber-infused water once - slices of cucumber in water, didn’t squeeze anything. Tasted about like you’d expect - cucumber flavored water. It was OK, but I have not yet repeated that experiment.

I decided to cut out diet sodas just to kill the sweet tooth completely. I tried one after a couple of weeks without them and it tasted foul - like a chemical mixture. Which is what they are really.

Club soda or sparkling water are fine if you like them. I bought a bottle when I started eating this way. Finished it but probably won’t buy another.

I love fresh squeezed lemon (has some great health benefits) in water or tea and usually have some homemade sugar free lemonade/limeade in my fridge (sweetened with erythritol). I don’t drink tons of it but have no hesitation in drinking it sometimes. I would just make sure to count the carbs. I usually drink unsweetened tea, but occasionally sweeten my tea depending on the flavor; my preferred sweetener is liquid monk fruit/erythritol blend drops.